Wouldn't Change A Thing

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know it's just more than that, but I know you are going through a lot of things right now so, I won't ask anything. I'm just glad you're alright," I said and Duncan was silent for a while before I felt his arms around me and I felt him pulled me tighter. "Thanks," I heard him mumbled as we smiled and pulled away. Then, Duncan slightly frowned as he looked away.
"Listen, (Y/n), what I told before...about Belloc," he trailed, not knowing how to continue on.
"Just before you saved my life? Yeah, what about it?" I asked with a smile and he looked at my face silently for a while, probably checking to see if there was any sign of fear or judgement on my face.
"So...you're not freaked out?" Duncan slowly asked and I smiled as I shook my head and cupped his cheek. "Not even for a bit. So what if he's your dad? It doesn't change anything about who you are. You are you and...I still like you no matter what," I said as I got on my tiptoe and gave him a light kiss on the cheek while Duncan smiled at my words. He cupped both of my cheeks and we smiled at each other as we stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's company in silence.

"You know...I didn't get a chance to tell you the other day," Duncan spoke up, making me look into his eyes. "Hm? About what?"
"I think you looked really beautiful at the party. Though, you always do," he said, making me blush at his words. Dang, he know his way with words. I smiled and decided that I should tease him a little for that. "It's kinda a little late for that, don't you think?" I teased and Duncan chuckled as he continued to hold me gently from both of my cheeks. "I know. I know. Next time, I'll say it as soon as I come and pick you up for the homecoming," he said with a smile, drawing my attention. Was he...?
"Are you...asking me out? For the homecoming?" I asked, unable to fight the smile that was crawling up onto my face. "Yea...I am. I can't let you beat me to it again by making you ask me out first now, do we?" Duncan said, jokingly as he lightly tapped on my nose, making me giggled. "Right. Well, I guess I better start looking for a dress to the ball then. I heard Jenna said that this year's homecoming is going to be the best ever and I've just got the best date ever too with the guy I like," I said and Duncan's cheeks reddened slightly as a wide grin which he failed to hide away spread over his face.

Then, I felt Duncan's hands slipped into mine and suddenly, I feel butterflies in my stomach as he smiled at me when our eyes met. "Well, I just hope that nobody freaks out at this like you when we get there," Duncan said, lightly pulling on his jacket to show me his now scaled neck.

"I'm sure they won't. You still look pretty handsome to me. And besides, I'm pretty sure that Isabel's it covered for you with something as well," I said with a light wink and Duncan's smile returned to his face as we continued to walk towards the school, hand in hand.

I was pretty much exploding inside with joy after that everything that just happened so fast. Then Duncan slowly started to fill me in about what happened after Belloc took him. How Belloc took him to the secret lair of the Kaijus in the desert. How he's now an heir to the throne. So, basically, Duncan was now Prince of the Kaijus.

By the time we arrived to school, I was pretty sure that we had already missed the first period and then, Duncan started to become tense, feeling nervous with how he looked and how everyone was going to look at him now.

I held his hand a bit tighter and gave him a small squeeze, silently telling him that I am going to be there with him no matter what.

And Duncan seems to have received my silent message as he smiled and gently squeezed my hand back. We peeked into the building one last time, making sure no one was around. Then, we nodded to each other and started walking up the stairs. 

Just then, the bell rang suddenly as if it was on cue and Duncan and I froze like two deers caught in the headlights as we shared a quick glance with each other.