Back Again Together

Duncan flew his way back into town with a small smile on his face, enjoying the feel of the wind against him after a tiring day. He picked up his speed and flew a little faster towards his home where he knows both his mom and (Y/n) were there safe and sound.

Margaret has perfectly made it clear that she was not going to let a teenage girl like (Y/n) stay at an inn alone and had insisted that she was going to stay with them.

At first, the (h/c) haired girl was worried that she was going to be a bother to them and tried to insist that she was going to be fine, but both Margaret and Duncan told her that she could never be a bother to them. And Margaret stated that she was not going to take 'no' for an answer, so, in the end, (Y/n) agreed that she was going to stay with them for the time being and Margaret was more than happy to have her with them.

A smile made its way onto his face when he sees his house coming into the view and he flapped his wings faster. A minute or two later, Duncan landed in front of his house and kept his wings back into his body before walking up towards the front door in his human form after making sure no one was around. It was getting pretty late at night so, he wouldn't have been surprised if both Margaret and (Y/n) were sleeping already by the time he got in...though he kinda wished he could see (Y/n) just one more time before he goes to bed today to make sure she's alright. He opened the door slowly as quiet as he could, seeing that no lights were on, but just as he had closed the door, he paused when he sees that the light from the living room was still on.

He walked into the room and sitting there was his (Y/n), nodding off on the couch alone with her elbow supporting her face which told him that the girl's been waiting for him to come back home even though he's told her not to and that she should get some rest instead after what happened.

A fond smile spread over his face as he quietly walked up to where she was and knelt down in front of her, loving how she looked so peaceful as she slept as if she wasn't attacked by a kaiju at all. If he wasn't injured and both his arms were good, Duncan would have just carried her off to the bed in her new room without waking her up, but unfortunately he was injured at the moment and can't use both of his arms, so he had no choice but to wake her up since he didn't want her to end up sleeping on a couch all night.

"Psst, (Y/n)," he called gently, putting a hand over her shoulder which instantly woke the girl up as she blinked and opened her eyes groggily, a smile making its way onto her face when her eyes landed on Duncan.

"Oh, Duncan, you're back," (Y/n) murmured with a small smile as the girl made herself sit straight, rubbing her eyes sleepily. Duncan chuckled softly and took her hand in his. "Yes, I am. And I thought I told you to get some rest instead of waiting for me," he said, his smile widening in adoration when the girl shot him a playful glare despite having that small smile on her face. "Hey, you can't expect me to be worried when my boyfriend said he had to go somewhere for a while and flied off to somewhere with an injured hand. Besides..." she trailed and slightly leaned forward, looking into Duncan's eyes with a smile on her face. "I wanted to see you one more time and make sure that you're okay before I go to bed," she added, pressing a quick kiss on his lips and Duncan smiled, taking her hand in his as he helped her stand.

"That's funny...I was kinda thinking the same thing just a few minutes ago," Duncan replied with a playful hum, resting his hand on her waist as he gently tugged her forward towards him with his free hand while (Y/n) put a hand on his chest to put some space between them, being careful not to bump into his arm sling.

The girl smiled at his words, but her smile started to fall when her eyes rested on his injured arm which was now all patched up. She touched it gently with the tip of her fingers and she felt her hands trembled when an image of the monster appearing behind Duncan and dragging him away from her appeared in her head again. For the first time in her life, the girl hated herself for not being able to do anything at times like that. Duncan was hurt because of her and all she could do was stand by and watch helplessly without being able to do anything. And then, there was another thing that has truly frightened her tonight.