Father's Big Surprise

Duncan inhaled and exhaled deeply as he slowly opened his eyes and looked around, finding himself standing in the middle of the desert...with no sign of his a hundred- and twenty-feet tall fire breathing dragon dad around. Belloc's only told him that he was going to train Duncan sharpen his Kaiju senses first and told him to stay at where he was right now for five minutes with his eyes closed before he simply just disappeared somewhere into the desert...meaning that he wanted Duncan to find out where he went off to using his Kaiju senses.

Duncan was standing there in his kaiju form, now wearing a golden battle harness, a pair of golden bracers and a pair of skin-tight red pants that Belloc's given him before he disappeared. The armor covers his shoulder blades and the center of his chest perfectly with a few interlocking golden plates down to the belt on his waist.

"This shouldn't be so hard," Duncan mumbled mostly to himself as he did a quick warm up, letting out a soft grunt in doing so. "After all..." he trailed his words playfully with a smirk and rolled his shoulders, making his wings swiftly came out of his back.

"It's probably just like any other hide and seek game," he hummed and with that, he shot himself into the air and started flying freely in the sky.

Once he was in the sky, Duncan looked around, carefully inspecting the whole area for any signs of his father. And when he saw none, Duncan inhaled deeply and closed his eyes once more, getting his mind on full concentration.

First, he listened.

He listened carefully and paid attention to any sources of sound he could hear, specifically for the sound of a Kaiju's footsteps. But all Duncan heard was the sound of the wind rustling. So, he shifted his focus on his nose. If he can't see or hear him, surely, he could find his dad with the smell. Duncan recalled of those times when his dad used to just grab him in his hand and he instinctively remembered Belloc having a particular sort of scent so, he focused on that smell, taking in a very long, deep breathe until he finally picked on a scent that matched with his dad's.

'Found ya,' Duncan hummed in his mind playfully with a grin and started going after the scent trail that belonged to the King of the Kaijus.

After flying about ten or fifteen minutes later, Duncan found himself standing at the entrance of a huge cave where his father's scent has led him to and the scent was much stronger here than before so, Duncan knew that his father was waiting for him somewhere inside this...massive cave.

[A/n: Let's just say that the cave looks a bit like this.]

The sun has set completely and the sky was slowly changing its color into a dark shade of blue

The sun has set completely and the sky was slowly changing its color into a dark shade of blue. Duncan took in another a deep breathe and kept his wings back into his back as he stepped into the cave and started looking around.

At first, Duncan saw nothing as he looked around cautiously with his guard on just in case if there was any Kaijus around, waiting to attack him in the shadows. But the cave was just...empty. Duncan didn't sense any Kaijus around him, not even for a bit. "Huh, I thought there would be at least one or two kaijus waiting to attack me around," he hummed and casually shrugged his shoulders before he continued to walk further into the cave with his guard up.