What Am I?

Duncan fluttered his eyes open when he heard a bird cried as it soared through the sky. He groaned softly, slowly regaining his consciousness. He looked around and found himself nowhere in the middle of the desert as if he's either thrown away again in the middle of the desert or meeting his father and the whole heir thing was just a dream.

 He looked around and found himself nowhere in the middle of the desert as if he's either thrown away again in the middle of the desert or meeting his father and the whole heir thing was just a dream

At least that's what he thought so, until he sat up and looked around.
Possibly, he couldn't have just sleep walked into the desert now, could he?
He shook his head and slowly got up, holding his hand out in front to block out the sun.
He was going to need a better view from somewhere a little higher if he wants to know where they are at. He climbed out of the hole and looked around. He breathed out in relief realizing that the city was just a few miles away from where he was at. It's just that he walk his way back on foot.

Duncan looked down at his now more scaley-skinned than usual body

Duncan looked down at his now more scaley-skinned than usual body. He felt something in his pocket and took it out to see a glowing red crystal which he picked from last night. He blinked and smiled, luckily, everything that happened last night wasn't a dream. He kept the crystal back in his pocket and started walking his way back towards the city.

Eventually, he found himself walking towards Kenny's trailer. He breathed heavily and listened to the sound of his footsteps as he walked towards the door. Taking one last deep breathe, he knocked a few times onto Kenny's door, "Ken, it's me."

"Duncan?" he heard his friend, Kenny, called from the inside and just when he was about to open the door, Duncan quickly grabbed the handle and closed it back, "Wait up."
"Before you open the door, you need to know...I looked weird," he said.
"Yeah, I know," he heard Kenny replied and shook his head even though Kenny couldn't see it.
"No, I mean weirder than before. Compare to this, I used to look great...So, brace yourself," Duncan said and stepped back as he let Kenny open the door while also preparing himself for an incoming scream.

He watched Kenny examined his body as he opened the door. Duncan gave him a ''Yea, I know" face as he watched Kenny smiled at him with a raised brow. "Okay. You want a soda?" Kenny said, motioning his head inside as he let Duncan come in which Duncan was surprised at Kenny's casual behavior.