A Dream Or...Was It?

(Y/n) opened her eyes, finding herself standing in a cave full of gold, treasures, paintings and ancient looking statues of all kinds. "Wow," the girl mumbled in amazement as she turned and looked at her surroundings.

"Where...am I??" she questioned, looking at the paintings hung on a pillar nearby as she continued to look around until she heard a deep chuckle that sounded awfully familiar from behind.

"My, my, the night only just keeps getting even more interesting today. What brings you here, little girl?"

The (h/c) haired girl wheeled around and her eyes widened when she saw that standing behind her was none other than the King of the Kaijus himself, staring down right at her with an amused smile on his face.

"Mr. Belloc!" she greeted happily with a smile though the girl didn't understand her how she got here. "What are you doing here?" she asked curiously and at her words, Belloc let out another chuckle of amusement.

"This is my lair though I believe I should be the one asking you that. And to what do I owe the pleasure of this surprise visit at this hour, little girl?" he replied and (Y/n)'s eyes widened, not understanding why she was standing in the lair of King of the Kaijus or how she got there.

"I...am not sure with myself either. Last thing I remember is that...I was going to bed. Wait, is this a dream?" she questioned, holding out her hands as she looked down at herself and found herself wearing a white nightgown which she was sure that it wasn't what she was wearing when she went to bed today. And what's more, the girl was sure that ever since she was young, she has never ever wore anything but her pajamas whenever she goes to bed.

She wasn't even sure whether what happening right now was whether a dream or reality.

"Perhaps. How curious indeed that you're here, but at the same time..." Belloc trailed and reached out to grab her and the girl gasped as instead of taking a whole of her, his hand went right through her body as if she was a ghost. In fact, she just realized that her body was quite translucent as well.

"You're not here either."

"So...this is like an out-of-body experience where my soul leaves my body while I'm sleeping? Like lucid dreaming?" (Y/n) asked again and Belloc hummed in response.

"In a way, yes. Lucid dreaming is quite common and normal among human kind, but then again..." he paused, looking down at (Y/n) who was listening to his words intently without interrupting. After all, this was the first time they're having a proper conversation face to face ever since they met with each other even if it was all part of her dream in the end.

"You are not exactly normal either," he stated, his words only seeding more questions in the girl's mind. "I am...not?" she asked again rather calmly, making Belloc crack a smile.

"Lucid dreaming in my lair to where you've never been before and having a conversation with me like this. Not to mention this new aura of yours that you have around you tonight...Quite a coincidence for a dream, don't you think?" he questioned and (Y/n) nodded back in return, knowing that he had a point.

She's never been to Belloc's lair and...here she was, dreaming and talking face to face with the King of the Kaijus, himself, in his lair.

"It really is. I've actually never had a dream like this before. It almost feels so...realistic," she paused, a thought crossing over her mind. If this was just a dream, why not just enjoy it while it lasts? She never really had a conversation with Belloc who happened to be her boyfriend's father ever since they met and the girl didn't think about it until now, but she was kinda curious what Belloc thought of her as Duncan's girlfriend.