Back to School

Your pov,

I yawned tiredly as I grabbed my backpack from the sofa. God damn, I didn't expect to pull an all-nighter discussing about it with dad and Aunty Edna yesterday. What a Thursday. At least, I can let dad and Aunt Edna take care of the rest. Hopefully, it should be done before Duncan's birthday. And damn, I can't believe they chose to reopen the school on Friday instead of waiting until Monday.

I stretched myself once again before I bent down to put my shoes on. Before I knew it, I found myself randomly singing a song to myself in an effort to keep myself awake.

Así es la vida, sí~

I finished putting my shoes on and got up as I grabbed one of the keys and continued to sing the next part lazily.

Yeah, that's just life, baby.

I closed the door behind me and started walking down the street while I continued to sing.

Yeah, love came around and it knocked me down.

But I'm back on my feet.

Así es la vida, sí~

Yeah, that's just life, baby.

I was barely standin', but now I'm dancin'

He's all over me (goza)

I started to slightly dance along the song while I continued to sing.

Yeah, love came around and it knocked me down.

But I'm back on my feet.

Así es la vida, sí~

Yeah, that's just life, baby.

I was barely standin', but now I'm dancin'

He's all over me (goza)

I started to slightly dance along the song while I continued to sing.

Ba-da, bam-bam-bam-bam, bam-bam.

(Así e' la vida)

Ba-da, bam-bam-bam-bam, bam-bam

I stopped singing and continued to hummed the next verse to myself until I reached to the shortcut alley I used to take where I can see Duncan waiting for me. My heart skipped a beat as soon as our eyes met and Duncan immediately smiled as he leaned himself off the wall and started walking towards me. Gosh, his smile is just so blindingly gorgeous. I picked up my pace and ran into my boyfriend's arms as soon as I reached him and Duncan laughed as he hugged me back. "Haha, I'm glad to see you too, (Y/n)," he said and I pulled away slightly, smiling at him. "Good morning," I said with a sheepish smile while it only made Duncan smiled even more. He grabbed my waist and gave me a soft peck on my lips before he smiled and looked into my eyes. "Morning," Duncan said and I blushed, failing to hide the big happy smile that was crawling up onto my face.

"So, how did your call with Blitz this morning go?" I asked slowly while the two of us started walking our way towards the school together. Duncan shrugged his shoulders lightly at my question and took my hand in his, holding it gently yet firmly. "Well...Blitz wasn't exactly too happy about setting my dad free, but at least we managed to come up with some kind of a compromise," he started while I listened, giving him my full attention. "I take it went well?" I asked and Duncan smiled as he nodded, "Yep. My dad said he'll be sticking around in his old lair while Blitz and his guys will keep an eye on him. And I'll be visiting him from now on, starting from today," he explained while I continued to listen carefully.