That Moment When There is Only You and Me

Your pov,

"Okay, honey. I'll be in the living room, working on these documents then. Sure you don't want me to wash those for you?" Dad asked, motioning his finger towards the dishes in my hand. I smiled at him. "Yes, dad. I told you I'll take care of it. I'll be in my room as soon as I've washed these. Just relax and go work," I said and he chuckled as he said 'okay' before walking out of the kitchen.

I turned towards the basin and started washing the dishes, softly humming to myself. I wonder if everything's okay with Duncan. I mean, he said he will call me as soon as he gets back, but it's already 7:30 P.M. I blushed, thinking about that little indirect kiss we had by accident and shook my head as I continued to wash the dishes. Not too long after, I finished drying the dishes and kept them back to where they belong. Just as I was about to start heading towards my room, I heard the phone ringing. I hummed and quickly skipped towards it, just beating my dad to it when he was about to get up. I chuckled and gestured him that I got this before I picked up the phone. 

"(L/n) family~ This is (Y/n) speaking," I said playfully while my dad chuckled and went back to his work.

"Oh, hey (Y/n). It's me...Duncan."

My eyes widened and my playful tone dropped as soon as I heard his voice. "Duncan? Oh, finally. I was starting to get a bit worried there. How did it go? Did you have dinner?"

"Uhh...yea. Everything's fine...Just want to let you know that I'm back like I promised," I heard Duncan said. There was something in his voice that didn't sound right. I could feel that something was obviously bothering him. "Is everything okay?' I asked slowly and it was silent for a while before he answered, "..Yea...I'm just tired." There was it again.

"Okay...you know what? Let's go out for a walk," I said and Duncan sounded quite surprised as he replied, "W-What? Now??"

"Yep. Now. Grab your jacket. I'm coming out," I said and hung up the phone without waiting for a reply. I grabbed my jacket and started heading out towards the door. "Hey dad, I'm going out for a walk! Be back in a few!" I said, quickly tying my shoes. "Okay, but don't stay out too late," I heard dad yell from the living room, making me chuckle. 

"I won't. Bye!" I quickly said and closed the door behind me as I started heading down the street. 

'House with an orange SUV,' I chanted in my head as I tried to spot out Duncan's house. Not a minute or two later, I spotted Duncan running out of his house and smiled as I started running up towards him. He looked in my direction, hearing the sound of my footsteps. "(Y/n)," he said with a smile when I reached him. "Hey you," I said, smiling back at him. "So...uhh, where did you want to go?" Duncan asked, nervously rubbing the back of his neck with a smile.

I shrugged my shoulders lightly at his question.
"No idea, let's find out while we're going. Thought you could use some fresh air tonight," I said and took his hand in mine. Duncan was surprised for a while as he looked at our hands before he smiled and held my hand back tightly. The two of us smiled at each other and casually started walking down the streets in silence. It was a nice comfortable silence, but Duncan looked like he was lost deep in his thoughts so, I decided to break the silence. 

"Did...something happen during the check-up?" I asked slowly, making Duncan look back in my direction. He opened his mouth, hesitating to speak and I patiently waited, letting him know that I was there if he wanted to talk. "I...met my dad on the way," Duncan said, slowly and my eyes widened in surprise as I felt his hand tightened around mine. "Oh, how did it go?" I asked, giving his hand a squeeze in return.

We walked into a park and sat down on the grass somewhere nearby as Duncan took a deep breathe and slowly started telling me about what happened on his last trip with Blitz in the desert. His battle with the Kaiju. The battle between Belloc and the M.E.G.T.A.F Army. And how Belloc surrendered and how he watched him got locked away right before his eyes. 

I didn't see it happening. I wasn't there. But I know for a fact that what he went through was something I can never imagine.

Without saying anything, I got up from I was sitting and immediately wrapped my arms around Duncan, hugging him tightly to make him feel better. How hard it must've been for him back then. To fight for something he never asked. To watch his father got locked away right before his eyes. To choose between his father and the humans. 

"I know I may never understand how it feels for you. But I know it must have really hard. I am sorry you have to go through those things," I said, hugging him tighter and Duncan let out a soft sigh before he hugged me back, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "Thanks," I heard him mumbled. Before I could say anything, I gasped when Duncan grabbed my waist and pulled me into his arms completely , holding me close to him as tight as possible, "For being here with me."

He said the last part so quietly that I almost didn't even hear it. I smiled softly and continued to let him embrace me while enjoying the warmth of being in his arms at the same time, "You know I'm always around." 

After a while later, we pulled away slolwy and smiled at each other in silence. Duncan cupped my cheek slowly and tilted my chin towards him, making me look into his eyes. Then it hit me, how close the two of us were, just like back at the party. I felt my cheeks burn when I felt Duncan's breath tickling my lips. His eyes fell onto my lips and before we knew it, both Duncan and I were already leaning into each other once again. 

But just then, we heard a man yelling and jumped as we both pulled away and turned to look at the direction where the noise came from. We watched a man chasing after a white swiss shepherd dog along with a small black cat and was that  hamster in a ball chasing after them??? We watched them until they disappeared out of our sight.

Duncan and I looked back at each other before the two of us started laughing. Duncan took a deep breathe as he put his hands behind his head and lied down on the grass, completely deciding to relax. "Getting comfy?" I asked with a chuckle and Duncan smiled as he motioned his head to the spot next to him. "Why don't you join me?" he asked, causing my eyes to widen slightly. Nevertheless, I smiled and hummed as I decided to lie down next to as well, "Don't mind if I do~" I let out a dreamy sigh when I felt my body completely relaxed on the grass while Duncan chuckled.

The two of us smiled at each other as we looked up at the starry sky, enjoying the view of the pleasant night sky. Duncan and I talked about random things under the stars, just laughing and goofing around for about an hour or two. I didn't feel like going home even though it was starting to get a bit late. But somehow, Duncan managed to convince me to go back home as he started walking me back to my house, holding my hand all the way along.

Soon, we got there to my house, a little bit too fast for my taste, but I knew we should be calling it a day by now since Duncan also had a long day. "Thanks for walking me back home, Duncan," I said, turning towards him when we reached to the front door. Duncan smiled as he gave my hand a squeeze, "Thanks for making me go out on a walk with you too...I needed that," he said, blushing slightly. I squeezed his hand back with a smile as the two of us stared at each other in silence for a few seconds. "So...I'll see you when I come and pick you up for the homecoming in a few days?" Duncan asked, rubbing the back of his neck lightly with a small blush on his face.

I smiled and tiptoed towards him, giving a quick kiss on his cheek while Duncan froze in response. "We will," I said and turned to open the door. I turned back to him with a smile, "Goodnight," I said and closed the door behind me. I quickly leaned against the door and took a deep breathe as I tried to calm down my heart that was beating too fast ever since he held my hand.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the door,

Duncan was standing there in the doorway, still stunned from the little good night kiss (Y/n) gave him. He smiled and touched the spot where the girl kissed him before looking back at the door. "Goodnight," he said back quietly before turning around to leave.

He started walking his way back to his house happily, feeling much better than he was before after meeting the girl who now has completely captured his heart just like he's captured hers.