Missing the Check-Up

Duncan smiled slightly as he touched his lips, thinking about the little indirect kiss he just shared with (Y/n). He knew it happened by accident, considering that surprised look on the (h/c) girl's face. He couldn't help, but smile even more, thinking about how they got both flustered when Isabel mentioned about their little accident. Well, they're going to the homecoming together as well, so it wasn't wrong for him to slightly hope he could get more chances like that in the future. The boy sighed happily as he leaned back in his seat, in Coach Barnes's jet plane.

"Going for a check-up with Doc Patel doesn't usually make you so happy," Blitz said with a knowing smile as he glanced back at Duncan while driving the plane. Duncan blushed slightly as he pouted, trying to hide his happy look. "I'm not. I doubt very much that she's got a skin cream that can handle this," he quickly said, throwing up his hand to remind Blitz about his new looks. "Well, then I'm guessing it has something to do with taking (Y/n) to the homecoming," Blitz said with an amused look as he turned back to look straight while Duncan's eyes widened. He blushed even more, "Yeah, how...how did you..."
Blitz smirked and glanced back in Duncan's way. "I'm your guardian angel. I know everything, except how you got her to say yes," he said, turning the plane's direction. Duncan smiled sheepishly, holding onto his seat. "Well, some of us got it and some..." he trailed off when his eyes landed on the scenery outside the window. "Wait, this isn't the way to the base," Duncan said with a frown as he looked back at Barnes who smirked and looked back at him, "Thought we'd take a little detour, see if anything out here would jar your memory."

Duncan's eyes widened for a bit at Barnes's words before he narrowed his eyes and unfastened his seat belt. "I already told you, I don't know where his lair is!" he said, getting up as he held onto something nearby to keep his balance which failed as he fell into another seat on the other side of the plane when Barnes took another turn. "Maybe. But I think your body will know when he's near and do the funky Kaiju," Blitz said and Duncan's eyes narrowed as his pupils changed, glaring at Barnes' back. "Not happening, Barnes! I'm not your personal monster detector," Duncan said sternly, making Barnes narrowed his eyes at the change of tone in Duncan's voice. "Try and stop me, junior," he challenged, glaring back in Duncan's way not looking the front anymore. "So dead..." Duncan mumbled and his eyes widened even more when he saw what were coming towards them. "Is that a threat, boy?" Blitz said, totally not seeing what was about to happen to them. Duncan quickly rushed to Barnes's side, pointing his finger to the front, "No. We're so dead," he said, making Barnes finally turning back to look directly to the front and his eyes widened in shock when he realized they've been flying between huge flying boulders from nowhere. "Hold on!" Blitz yelled, turning the steering wheel with everything he's got, trying to dodge one of those boulders they were about to hit in any seconds.

And unfortunately, the plane didn't manage to dodge completely as the boulder hit the plane's lower parts. And they started falling down, the plane refusing to go up once more. "Can't hold her!" Blitz yelled, trying to get a hold of the wheel, however it was more than clear that the plane was going to crash no matter what he does and both Duncan and Blitz would be goners if they don't get out right now. Blitz grunted as he quickly pulled Duncan who fell down into his laps with a grunt, "Get down!" He quickly pulled the ring beside his ejection seat and held Duncan close to him as the canopy aka the glass window above them shot opened. The seat flew out into the air with Blitz holding Duncan close to him as best as he can, but somewhere along the way, Duncan started to fall out of his hold and then, Duncan fell down out of Blitz's reach, falling fast along with the plane that was about to crash. "DUNCAN!!!" Barnes yelled, reaching out towards Duncan, but his seat belt held him back along with the parachute that shot out of the seat and was now, holding him safe in the air.

Duncan groaned and breathed quickly as he tried to get a hold of his body while he fell. He looked down, only to see that there was a big Kaiju waiting for him below, right at the place where he was about to crash.