Wouldn't Change A Thing

Your pov,

I sighed as I watched dad call off some of his work after washing the dishes. Gosh, this is pointless. I mean, I shouldn't be like this stuck in the home while I don't even know whether Duncan is alright or not. When he finally dropped the receiver, I put a hand on my dad's shoulder as I made him look at me. 
"Dad, really, it's okay. You don't have to put off your work because of me. Just because a Kaiju showed up, doesn't mean I can't take care of myself like I always did," I said and he sighed as he patted my head. "I know, honey. I know perfectly on how well you can take care of yourself. But I can't leave you all alone while the Kaiju alert level is red. And it's not just any Kaiju. It's Belloc!" Dad said and I sighed as I grabbed my bag while he grabbed the car keys. 

"I'll drive you to school, just to make sure you're okay, alright?" he said and I sighed, "Okay..."
We started walking towards the door and just when my dad opened the door, I was more than surprised to see Duncan standing there, about to knock.
"O-Oh, uhh...hi," he said. 
"Duncan!" I gasped and immediately ran into Duncan's arms, hugging him so tight as I felt a lot more relieved to see that he got back here safe and sound, and all in one piece. I felt Duncan caught me although he was quite startled at my little hug. He paused and then, smiled as he hugged me back, pulling me close to him. "Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that you're okay! I thought I lost you!" I said, pulling away, but only enough to keep my arms around him. My eyes met with Duncan's who smiled as he cupped my cheek gently, "I'm glad to see you again too, (Y/n)," he said, making me smiled.

Just then, there was a loud clear of throat and we turned around to see my dad looking at us with a rose brow, demanding for answers. Oh, sewer apples.
"Ahaha, right. Dad, this is Duncan. Duncan, this is my dad," I said, introducing both of them as Duncan flinched and laughed nervously. "Oh, uhh...hey Mr. (L/n). How're you doing? I'm Duncan. Nice to meet you," he said and I smiled as I watched him held a hand out towards my dad who continued to him with his brow rose. He looked at me with that look asking for questions and I shrugged as I motioned him to shake Duncan's hand with my head. He did and I heard Duncan breathed out in relief as he pulled away. "Well, I'm (F/n). I gotta say though. I've never seen you around before. Are you a friend of (Y/n)'s?" dad asked, emphasizing on the word, friend, making me roll my eyes. Well, we're a bit of more than that, but I suppose it can wait.

"Umm...Yea, I moved around here not too while ago. I'm still new though," Duncan said and dad nodded while I grabbed Duncan's hand before my dad could inspect him more any further. "Okay, dad. We're running late now. Don't worry about driving me to school today. Duncan and I can walk to school together and besides, he's always been looking out for me ever since we met," I said with a smile. It was true though, ever since Duncan arrived to this town and since the morning we first met, Troy didn't bother me as much as he used to before. I looked at Duncan who seemed surprise for a while before he smiled. "Always," he said and my heart skipped a beat as I looked back to dad who seemed unsure. "I don't know. Are you sure that you can walk her to school safely?" he said and I chuckled as I looked at him. "Yes, dad. He can, we're leaving now. See you after school, dad," I said as I started walking away, pulling Duncan along with me. I heard dad groaned as he said fine and watched us walk away. "Haha, don't worry, Mr, (L/n). I will walk her back as well!" Duncan said, waving back at dad who narrowed his eyes at him as we walked away.

Once we were out of my dad's sight, I pulled Duncan into the shortcut alley way I always take to school and stopped as I finally turned to him. "Finally, let me take a good look at you," I said, putting a hand on Duncan's cheek lightly while he sighed and slightly pulled away from my touch. "I'm fine, (Y/n). Don't worry, I just had a little burn here and there. That's all," he said, putting on his best smile to reassure me.
I noticed the change in his attire on how his green jacket covered to his neck and how his sleeves covered his hands completely, so I knew it wasn't just a little burn here and there that he had. But something tells me that he really didn't want to talk about it. I smiled back at him and let out a soft sigh before I went into his arms and hugged him once again. Once again, Duncan seemed quite startled at my sudden hugs, but this time I stayed a little longer as I buried my head in his chest.