35

35 : Office (Let's Talk)

[ KIM DEJI ]

"What do you mean there are no available office anymore except the one beside his'?"

Yejun frustratedly sighed and nodded, "Sorry, Ma'am."

I shut my eyes tightly and messed my hair. I exhaled as a sign of giving up, "Just put the blinds or something so I won't get to see him."

The vacant office and his office, which is mine before, are actually just connected to each other. That's why if you don't put blinds or curtains to cover the glass wall border, the people inside the two offices will be visible to each other.

Of course, it will be uncomfortable for me. Imagine seeing him while working? How am I supposed to properly work in that situation?

I sighed and sat on the swivel chair. I looked at my former office which is already done according to what he wanted. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Where is he, by the way?

"He's not going to stay here frequently, right?" I asked Yejun while closing my eyes.

"Yes. He also has the Cloudrevel Company to take care of. As for now, he will temporarily stay here to fix our company's issue."

I nodded, still closing my eyes.

"How about the blinds? I told you to put it."

Yejun cleared her throat, "We're running out of blinds, Ma'am. However, I already ordered one online and it is expected to be delivered tomorrow."

I opened my eyes and raised a brow. So I am going to see his face for the whole day?

Yejun bowed and got out of the office. The door of the office beside me opened as Heeseung walked in. I eyed him from head-to-toe, he was wearing a navy-blue professional suit. I avoided my gaze when he removed his coat.

I looked at him again, which I regretted on doing because our eyes met. He raised a brow and let out a small smirk as he sat on his swivel chair. He wore his specs and opened his laptop.

Why the fuck am I staring at him?

I looked away and opened my laptop as well. To my surprise, I received an email from someone, I was about to open it when I noticed the username.

c_reveleeheeseung1

I twitched my lips and opened it despite of the confusion.

c_reveleeheeseung1
I know I am handsome. But your stares are making me uncomfortable. Stop it, will you?

What the actual fuck? The nerves of this guy.

Well, it was true that I was staring at him, though. But it was not out of adoration! Why would I adore him? My brows shot up when I received another email from him.

c_reveleeheeseung1
Let's talk. Come to my office.

I looked at him through the glass wall. He was just playing with his lips while leaning on his swivel chair. He signaled me to come over.

I secretly rolled my eyes and stood up.

"What do you want?" I said in monotone as soon as I arrived.

"Sit down." He pointed the chair in front of his table.

"Are the walls soundproof?" He asked as he stood up and walked towards me. He then flashed a cheeky grin.

My heart almost skipped a beat when he drew his face closer to mine. He then slowly unbuttoned his shirt.

"W-why are you asking me that? O-of course it is soundproof. Although we're going bankrupt, we're not that poor... not to afford... soundproof walls..." I gulped and looked away.

"Good." He smirked, "I don't want anyone to hear our conversation about the wedding."

I breathed out, "Is that why you asked me about the walls?"

He properly stood up and raised a brow, "Why? Are you thinking of something else?"

I immediately shook my head, "W-why would I think of something else? I-I just find it very random..."

He chuckled, "You haven't changed a bit. You're still the Deji I know."

I looked at him. My mood immediately changed, "Button your shirt properly, Mr. Lee. I am the CEO, not just a girlfriend or fling of yours. At least... be professional towards me."

He stared at me. Seriousness was all over his face. He buttoned his shirt without breaking an eye contact with me.

"Aren't you engaged with Choi Jisu?" I asked as soon as he sat down on his swivel chair.

"We broke up."

I raised a brow and smirked, "Why? Did you cheat again?"

My smirk faded when he just seriously stared at me. "No. We fell out of love."

Fell out love, huh?

"You fell out of love because you found another girl hotter than her, I guess?" I asked, slowly putting back the smirk on my face.

I noticed his fist was clenched, it seems like a bad memory was occurring to him. That only lasted for seconds, though, because he immediately calmed down and looked at me from head-to-toe.

"Yeah... I think so..." He said without removing his eyes on my body.