12

12 : Serious (This Is Not How I Should Be Feeling)

[ KIM DEJI ]

He frowned and gently slapped my hand to remove it from his head, "You're weird." The side of my lips rose as I continued staring at him.

"Deji, stop it. You're being weird, really..."

"Why? I just want to stare at my brother's handsome face." I playfully said. He shook his head and turned his back at me. It made me chuckle.

"Hey, where are you going?" I hooked my arms into his' to which he immediately removed.

"Deji, what has gotten into you? I am starting to get scared!"

I laughed, "What's wrong?"

"Everything is just wrong..." He replied under his breath. I laughed at loud. I didn't know it is this fun teasing him. His reactions are just priceless! He started walking faster, leaving me alone.

"What's so funny?" My laugh immediately faded. I turned my back and saw Heeseung's curious face.

"Where's your ex? Are you two done talking?" I raised a brow.

"She's not my ex. It turns out she just completely misunderstood my treatment to her, and I don't even recall asking her out. She's being delusional."

I nodded, "Yeah. It's possible she misunderstood it. I mean the way you treat girls are just..."

"Why? What's wrong?" He crossed his arms and shot his brows up.

"You act like you're interested when in fact you're not. You know, playboy things..." I whispered the last sentence.

"I only act interested to those girls I am really interested with. I don't fake my actions, Deji." It made me look at him. You don't fake your actions, huh?

"Really?" I scoffed. Who are you kidding?

He stepped forward and smirked, "Why? Are you doubting me?" 

Well, of course! I am doubting you since day one, Heeseung. I don't trust your actions. I don't trust the way you talk. I just don't trust everything about you. I always want to keep my distance from you... and I don't even know why. 

"The way you broke up with your girlfriend just to ask me out is enough to prove that you are not safe to trust." I straightforwardly said.

His mouth slightly opened. I sneered. Did it hit him hard?

"I am actually planning to break up with her." His face became serious, "She cheated."

My mocking smile slowly faded, I blinked once. She... what? "She cheated, Deji. That's why I broke up with her. What's the use of keeping our relationship? I don't want to look stupid."

I immediately looked away, "H-how about the other one then? The one who majored in arts... and how could you forget your girlfriend's course!"

"What?" He asked. Confusion is evident on his face.

"That Da-hye. You know... I heard the three of you talking inside the elevator, you mistook Da-hee for Da-hye."

He sighed, "Deji, I can't remember her course because in the first place I don't want to know about it. I am just playing and I know she is, too, and about Da-hye... she's my ex fling. Their names kinda sound the same that's why I mixed it up."

"Why the hell am I even explaining..." He whispered and looked away.

"You're what? Playing?" I unbelievably asked, "You never experienced a serious relationship, do you?"

I noticed that he was becoming more serious. He clenched his jaw as he glanced at me. "Heeseung, this is why I don't want to date you. You don't take relationships seriously."  It's better to slap him with the truth. This way, he will wake up to his senses and stop bothering me.

"What if I want a serious relationship with you?" Those words brought me to a halt. I immediately averted his gaze and unconsciously gulped. Suddenly, my heart began to beat rapidly.

What's the matter with me? This is not how I should be feeling!