30

30 : Accident (If Only I Listened to My Brother)

[ KIM DEJI ]

I was waiting for a taxi when a black sedan stopped right in front of me. I confusingly looked at it and my eyes slowly widened when the window rolled down, revealing a familiar face.

"M-Mr. Lee." It was Heeseung's father. He didn't even bother to look at me, yet he signaled me to come inside.

I cleared my throat before doing what he told. The driver parked the car in a secluded area, so I unconsciously gulped. Nervousness is starting to spread within me.

"Are you still together with my son?"

Well, I see this coming.

"Yes..." I stated as I lowered my head. He scoffed and handed me a phone. I still received it despite of the confusion, "What... is this, Sir?"

"Listen to it and wake up to your senses. My son isn't serious with you."

I furrowed my brows. My heart began to beat rapidly, and my hands are trembling. I gulped before tapping the play button.

"Everything is just a game, Dad, and Kim Deji... she's a fool to fall in my trap."

I feel like someone threw a whole bucket of ice water onto me. I replayed it again with shaking hands,

"Everything is just a game, Dad, and Kim Deji... she's a fool to fall in my trap."

I can't be wrong. It is indeed Heeseung's voice. 

But... why?

I looked at Mr. Lee with teary eyes, "H-how can you be so sure it is him?" I desperately asked.

He evilly smirked and looked away, "Ask him if you're doubting me. Ask my son."

I swallowed and held my chest. I could feel it getting heavy.

It hurts so much. 

Why is he doing this to me? I took a deep breath and went out of the car. I took my phone out and dialed Heeseung's number.