09

09 : Party (He Who Hides the Deepest Pain)

[ KIM DEJI ]

As soon as we stepped out of the car, we were immediately greeted with a long, huge red carpet and cameras. Sunoo extended his arms towards me so I awkwardly clung onto it.

I'm not really used to this type of situation, "The flashes are blinding me." I whispered to him.

"Yeah me too, but I have to look good since this might be published to a magazine later on." I fought so hard not to roll my eyes with his response. I can see Heeseung along with Sunghoon, Jay and Jake from afar.

The place is very secured. A lot of guards and bodyguards are roaming around the area. Even some of the media can't go in, only those who are permitted to can. Sunoo glanced at me and I just nodded.

"I'll come with you." I said. Well, of course. I am not familiar with everyone here but them. I can't find Dad, too.

Speaking of, where is he?

"Yo Kim Sunoo!" Jake pat Sunoo's shoulders. He smiled as he switched his focus to me, "You look gorgeous, Kim Deji."

"Thanks, Jake."

My attention was drawn to Heeseung who's chatting with a pretty and tall girl. He seemed completely oblivious to our presence.

"Heeseung. Deji is here." Sunghoon elbowed Heeseung. His eyes met mine, his brows shot up as he looked at me from head-to-toe. My gaze was averted to the girl he's talking with.

"Hi!" The girl greeted me, "Are you Kim Sunoo's sister? You're so pretty!"

I gave her a warm smile, "Yes. I am Kim Deji. You are?"

"Yang Jieun. Nice to meet you, Deji!" She looks very nice and kind.

"I haven't seen you in the university... are you perhaps..."

Jieun chuckled, "I study abroad. I am on a vacation right now. How about you? Do you major business as well?"

I nodded, "Yes. I am in my third year."

Heeseung cleared his throat that made us divert our attention to him, "Is yellow the new blue now?" He asked with sarcasm.

"I like this one better." I smirked. You don't tell me what to do, Lee Heeseung.

"Let us all rise and join our hands in preparation for the great entry of our celebrant, a man of goodwill, Mr. Nishimura Hideo."

Our whole focus, including that of the other guests, was drawn to the host. The massive golden door swung wide, showing a man in his 70s who exudes a great deal of power.

Nishimura Hideo, the head of Nishimura Empire.

"Let us also acknowledge Mr. Nishimura Riki and Ms. Nishimura Miu, the future of the Nishimura Empire."

Miu took his hand while Riki stood on the other side.

I looked at Jay who clapped his hands while seriously staring at Miu. I'm curious as to how he's feeling right now. I'd like to ask, but I'm scared to worsen the situation. So maybe it's just better if I don't say anything.

"He is controlling himself right now." I almost jumped when someone whispered to my ear, "You're curious, huh?"

"I envy him. Why don't you just get curious of me, instead?" Heeseung pouted and I almost laughed. He looks funny.

"I am not interested with you." I rolled my eyes.

"So you're interested with him?" His voice changed. I plastered a fake smile and looked at him again.

"No. I'm simply intrigued. He doesn't seem to be himself right now. He's not the Jay I recall. He isn't being mischievous or amusing in any way. He isn't smiling."

Heeseung stared at me for a while before grinning. "I didn't know you were this attentive, Deji. But yes... you're right. Right now, he isn't himself."

"You know, it's always the one who smiles a lot that actually hides the deepest pain. Jay was the one who suffered the most out of all of us. He just lost his love, and now... he sees her in someone else..."

"Worse yet, they're complete strangers to one another." He added.