02

02 : Past (Red Flag)

[ KIM DEJI ]

It's still five in the morning and yet, I am already awake.

The reason?

I don't want to be late. Our university has some sort of event today and since the school will surely be crowded, especially the lobby, it's better to be early.

After I took a warm bath, I immediately went down to have my breakfast. There, I saw my one and only brother sitting alone in the dining room.

"You're awake?" I asked with wide eyes as I fixed my bathrobe before sitting down across him. It's unusual for him to be awake at this hour already. He usually wakes up late.

"No. You're prolly seeing a ghost?" he replied in a bored tone while chewing.

"I am asking properly, Sunoo." I arched my right brow.

He sighed, "Our university has some event today, remember? I hate crowds. People, to be exact."

I smirked. He surely is my brother.

We are both in third year although Kim Sunoo is 1 year younger than me. I took up business management and the same goes with him.

We're not very close, but we're not distant either.

"I'll go first." he stood up. I almost got my tongue burnt with the hot coffee I am sipping.

"You won't wait for me?"

His brows shot up, "What?"

"I mean, wait for me. I'll just get changed." I hurriedly got off the seat and ran upstairs towards my room.

I changed into whatever's the first one I found in the closet. It's a simple white shirt and faded denim jeans. I then put a sunscreen and a little bit of lip and cheek tint on my face, after that, I hurriedly ran downstairs.

I found him comfortably sitting on the living room's couch while pressing something on his phone,

"Let's go."

He looked up, "You're going to wear that?" I could notice a hint of mockery in his voice tone.

"What's wrong with this?" I took a look on myself for the second time.

He scoffed and shook his head, "Nothing."

I hesitantly followed him until we reached the parking area. I opened the door of his car's passenger's seat. My lips formed into a pout when I realized something,  "This is my first time in your car."

He didn't react, instead, he just turned on the engine. I looked away and cleared my throat.

WE ALREADY arrived at the university. I was about to open the door but he said something which made me halt,

"Deji." he turned his head, "No one must know that you're my sister. Act like we don't know each other, especially if someone's looking."

I stared at him for long before exhaling.

"Yeah sure." I understand though. He just wants to protect me.

Kim Sunoo has a reputation here in school.

He's popular and got a lot of friends despite of his introverted personality. If anyone will know that we're related, people will start getting their interest in me.

His friends...

Yeah. I guess he just wants to protect me from his friends.

THANK GOD the lobby's still unpacked. The corner of my lips rose while I made my way to the elevator. The door was about to close when a hand stopped it.

My eyes widened and immediately looked away when I saw three guys entering the elevator.

I know them. They're his friends.

Park Jay, Park Sunghoon and Lee Heeseung. I once saw them at our house but I doubt they recognize me.

I felt their piercing gazes on me. Goodness, a minute is longer than I am expecting. When will I reach my floor? I badly want to get out right now.

"How's she, Heeseung?" Jay asked out of nowhere. He turned his head to look at Heeseung.

"Who?" Heeseung replied in an arrogant tone.

I raised a brow, getting intrigued by their conversation. I gulped and lowkey took a step forward to better hear them.

"Da-hee?" Jay laughed unbelievably.

"Oh, yeah. She's doing well in arts." Heeseung straightforwardly answered. I couldn't notice a single interest in his voice tone.

"What? Arts? I thought she majored in music?" Park Sunghoon joined their conversation, looking confused.

"Huh?" Heeseung looked at Sunghoon, "She majored in arts."

"I don't think so. I once saw her at the musical theater, she played piano."

Heeseung looked away and pouted. He stared out of nowhere before clicking his tongue, "Right. It was Da-hye who majored in arts."

Jay covered his mouth, refusing to believe what his friend just said, "How could you forget about your girlfriend?"

Park Sunghoon sighed and shook his head. Getting a little disappointed. As if he's not like his friend, when in fact, all of them are playboys.

"And who the hell is Da-hye?" Jay asked, "Man! I can't believe you!"

*TING

Finally, finally! I am already at the floor where my classroom is located. They looked at me. I pursed my lips as I passed through them.

When the elevator closed, that's when I was able to breathe properly.