23

23 : Phobia (He Who Fears What Others Love)

[ KIM DEJI ]

My hands trembled as I held his head for support. Good thing the first round of the horror ride is done. I raised my hand to get the attention of the staff. He immediately ran towards us,

"P-please call an ambulance!" I glanced at Heeseung who fainted on my shoulder.

The staff nodded and took out his walkie-talkie to inform the guards outside. I could already hear the siren after a couple of minutes.

A man with big built took Heeseung on his back to put him in a stretcher. I followed inside the ambulance immediately after Heeseung was put in.

He's still unconscious, the reason why I panicked hard.

The ambulance started moving, "Calm down, Miss. I will ask you some questions about him and you need to answer it properly."

"Are you related to each other?" The nurse asked,

I nodded, "I am his girlfriend."

The nurse stared at me for a while before nodding, "Does he have any phobia or something?"

I unconsciously gulped and looked away, "I... I am not sure."

Why haven't that occurred to me earlier? What if Heeseung really has a phobia yet I still urged him to get in the horror ride?

This is all my fault. If something bad will happen to him, I will forever blame myself.

Heeseung was rushed in the emergency room when we got to the Hospital. I followed him but the nurse halted me. I couldn't protest since it is a part of their protocols. I just hopelessly sat on a chair in the waiting area while silently praying.

After an hour, a doctor and a nurse went out from the room. They walked towards me, so I stood up.

"How is he?" I asked and bit my lower lip, getting nervous of the possible answer.

"He's fine."

I was about to sigh in relief, but the doctor continued, "For now." He added so I creased my forehead, "We still need to refer him to a psychiatrist. Do you really not know anyth-"

A man in his 50s suddenly showed up from behind, screaming a lot of power. I squinted my eyes as I looked at him. He looks familiar.

No... he looks like someone.

"I am Lee Heeseung's father. You can ask me instead." He eyed me for a bit before looking at the doctor.

My eyes widened as I slowly lowered my head. Why do we have to meet at this time?

I KNOW his father doesn't like me. The way he looked at me in a mocking manner and the way he scoffed when I introduced myself as his son's girlfriend are enough to prove it.

Heeseung was transferred to a VIP room and he's still unconscious. The three of us are the only people inside.

The atmosphere was very awkward. I want to go out, but I just can't leave Heeseung and I don't want his father to label me as a person with no respect.

"You dared to be his girlfriend, yet you don't even know anything about him?" Mr. Lee sternly said as he walked towards his son to caress his hair, "He had a traumatic experience. The ride triggered it. He was doing fine for years already and he's slowly recovering yet all because of your stupidity, he's suffering again!"

I gulped as my heart almost skipped a beat. I clenched my fist and closed my eyes.

Fuck, Kim Deji... what have you done?

"I never liked you from the start. I just knew you would cause trouble to him, and see? I was right."