05

05 : Date Me (The Arrogance of This Jerk)

[ KIM DEJI ]

The booth is almost finished. The original volunteers already arrived so I guess it's time for me to leave. 

"Jake." I tapped his shoulder. He's busy reading a recipe so he just hummed as a response, "I'll be going."

He raised his head as he put the recipe book down, "You should eat first. Jay made pasta."

I shook my head, "No, thank you. I still have something to do. Bye!" I was about to turn around when someone stood behind me. 

"Where are you going?" Heeseung raised his right eyebrow,

"None of your business."

He scoffed at my response. "Look at you acting rude. Have you forgotten that you still owe me something?" My forehead creased. What is he talking about?

"You owe me an apology, Deji." he drew his face closer to mine as the side of his lips slowly rose. "A proper apology."

"I-Is it about the slap earlier? I already made an apology." I averted my gaze.

"You call that a proper apology? Look at my face." His tone became stern, obviously and slowly getting irritated, "You ruined it."

"Well, I can't do anything about it anymore. I'll just buy you an ice pack or something."

"Great idea. You'll be applying it to me." he demanded as he let out a mischievous smile.

"What? No! You have two hands. Apply it yourself." This jerk. Is he disabled or something? His two hands are completely fine!

"Alright. I'll just have to give you another condition, then."

I nodded. Well, anything is better as long as I won't get to see him. He kind of give me a stay-away-from-him vibe. "Spill it."

"Date me."

I scoffed, "An ice pack, right? Where can I buy that? I'll apply it on your face straight away."

He began to chuckle, which then turned into a laugh, "It's an honor to be asked by someone like me, though. I mean, I am Lee Heeseung. It should feel illegal to reject me."

The arrogance of this jerk.

"Even though I owe you something. That doesn't mean I don't have the right to refuse. I am not interested to date you, and most of all, I am not interested in getting close to you. Now, will you excuse me? The store is still far away from here."

When I got back from the store, the booth is already filled with a lot of customers. Jake waved at me. I sighed and walked towards him, "Where have you been?" He asked.

"Where is Heeseung?"

His eyes slightly widened, "He is helping Jay in the kitchen." That guy knows how to cook?

"He's washing the dishes, I think." he added,

"Why would I expect something." I whispered to myself.

"What?" Jake gave me a look of curiosity, "Can you help Sunghoon in serving the customers? The volunteers are not enough. We did not expect to receive a lot of orders."

I nodded, "Sure. Where's the apron?"

"It's in the kitchen."

I passed through a bunch of customers. I wonder where Sunoo is. I was about to look for him when I saw him in the kitchen, wearing an apron as he watched Jay mixing a sauce.

I looked at Sunghoon who is busy arranging the orders, "Sunghoon, Jay told me to help you in serving the customers."

Sunghoon turned his head, "Yeah sure. Here's the apron." I took the apron he handed.

My attention was drawn to Heeseung who had halted in washing the dishes to look at me. 

Oh, right. I have to take care of his face. 

"Hey, I bought the ice pack." I pointed the plastic bag which I placed on top of a table. I couldn't notice a single emotion from his eyes.

"Serve the customers first." he said before getting back to his work.