"Hey, I don't know what's got you angry, but I promise you there are better ways to deal with problems," Jungkook tried to state calmly, only making Mina roll her eyes in disapproval.

"Where is Jeon Jungkook?" Hanseong's voice echoed throughout the restaurant. Mina ducked under a table, realizing that his attention was fully on Firedrake.

"I-I don't know who that is," Jungkook sputtered. "Why don't we work it out, just the two of us?"

Suddenly, Jungkook felt an arm wrap around his neck, just as he planned. He was pulled down a bit from his height, his legs awkwardly placed on the ground as he leaned back into the hold.

"Give me Jeon Jungkook!" Hanseong seethed, tightening his grip around his neck.

Jungkook wondered why Raven hadn't pulled his shadow yet; he was right behind him, fully visible. Breathing was getting harder and harder to do, and he was wondering why the hell she wasn't pulling his shadow off yet.

That was when he realized; there was no light to form a shadow. Hanseong had completely turned off all of the lights, the only source being the very faint street lights that barely touched the floor of the restaurant. She couldn't pull off his shadow because there wasn't a shadow.

A lightbulb went off in Jungkook's dizzy mind, and he slowly raised his hand up, creating a large ball of fire, illuminating both him and Hanseong behind him. Hanseong winced at the brightness before quickly realizing his tactic, but before he could act upon it, Mina was sliding across the floor and pulling off his shadow with one tear.

Hanseong released the chokehold he had Jungkook in, making the latter collapse to the floor, heavily gasping for air. The room resumed to its darkness, the furniture scattered around messily.

"What the..." Hanseong blinked after he transformed back into his normal self, not a single trace of Shadow lurking in his mind. "What happened?"

"You became a villain," answered Mina, who was bending down to help Jungkook off of the floor. "Was there a reason why you had these strong emotions?"

"I-I wanted to be invited to this party by the host, Jeon Jungkook," Hanseong explained, tilting his head down shamefully. Jungkook frowned a bit. "I've always wanted to be his friend, and I thought that he wanted to be mine, too."

"Of course he does," Jungkook was quick to answer, making the boy look up at him in confusion. "I mean, I'm sure he wants that too."

"You should get going, it's pretty dark outside and your parents are probably worried sick," Mina told Hanseong, who nodded timidly.

"Thank you for saving me," he smiled a bit before walking past them, making his way out of the door.

Mina let out a sigh, rolling her head back as she tried to shake the pain in her shoulder away. She landed on Jungkook pretty hard.

"What's wrong, Raven?" Jungkook asked suddenly, causing her to turn toward him. "Something seems to be bothering you."

"I..." she sighed heavily, her head drooping. She was hesitant about confiding in Firedrake, but she remembered that she knew that he was the only one who wouldn't judge her, her closest friend. He was her partner-in-crime, not quite literally, but their friendship was special to her. If she could confide in anyone, it was definitely him.

"Do you ever feel like, no matter how hard you try, you can't tell the person you love how you feel?"

The words that fell out of her mouth shot Jungkook in the heart, shattering it into a thousand pieces, echoing in his head as he swallowed the lump in his throat. "Y-You're in love with someone?"