O N E : KING OF MY HEART

❤️Don't forget to vote and comment.🌹

Jedrzej crept on top of A

Jedrzej crept on top of A.C.E building during a stormy night with wind howling rain from the roaring sky. His eyes lingered on terrestrials strolling under the murky night of Los Angelos. Most terrestrials went about their day. Most celestials lurked under the dark pattering sky.

Sucking in a breath, Rzej shifted when a strong scent of apples and rain bloomed into his nose. "Niklaus," He whispered, prowling from the building top to the ground with feline grace.

Everyone parted ways for him. Everyone knew who he was. What he was.

Stopping the rain with a single thought, Rzej followed the scent. Tunneling down the dark street, Rzej's unguarded attention slipped from his mind. A pair of hands slammed him to the wall. "Jedrzej." The man grinned, attempting his best to hide that broken glint in his eyes.

A lopsided grin broke from Rzej's lips. Then he smiled with all his strength. "I waited for you," He whispered. Every night he stood at the top of A.C.E, the tallest building in Los Angelos. He waited and searched the roaring sky for Klaus. His Klaus. The twinkle in his eyes died as the rain he wavered away.

Klaus's scent filled his nose, blocking every path to common sense and keeping his guard steady. "I know." The hybrid smiled. "It wasn't that long."

A raven's caw bobbed in the air, echoing along thunderclaps. "Six months, twenty-six weeks. one hundred and eighty-two days. four thousand, three hundred and sixty-eight hours. Eighty minutes, fifteen million, seven hundred twenty-four thousand. eight hundred seconds."

The top of Klaus's lips creased in a smile. That knowing smile of how long he's waited. How long they've both waited. "I would rather go in and talk than stand outside in the cold rain."

Rzej's heart leaped. "I- forgive me?"

"One day."

"One day." Rzej tested those words on his lips and decided he did not like it. "Not too late."

A grin turning deadly clouded Klaus's face. "A thousand years and my soul."

Rzej led Klaus inside the nightclub blasting with music. Celestials and terrestrials danced or kissed or sniffed drugs in the corners. Klaus's eyes trailed over the crystal ball high in the ceiling. Twinkling stars whirled from red to purple to yellow to pink to white and black. An eternity of rainbows glowed down.

"You've done well with A.C.E," Klaus walked up the glass stairs. His sister-in-law Astra leaned against the glass railings of the first level. "I'm proud of you."

A.C.E smelled like alcohol and a fresh breeze conjured to keep the stale sweaty air sweet. He sucked a breath, hiding his heart deep inside a box. When Astra smelled the hybrid, she sniffed the air. "It smells like a wet dog in here." Her tawny golden skin shivered under the lights of A.C.E.