Character Catch Up- Ben *part 1*

How you meet- *Your POV*- You were a good friend of Carlisle's from years ago. He had saved you from some vampire hunters in 1950, leaving you in a debt to him. He called you a few days ago about the Volturi coming after him and his family. He spoke about a half vampire, half human child his son had with a human, now vampire. Whilst most vampires would be sceptical of this you believed him, why would he lie to you? You went to his residence as quickly as you could, making sure to stay out of human's sight. Unlike Carlisle you fed off humans but you knew better than to hunt before reaching his. When you got there, you could hear multiple people in the house but few heartbeats. You could smell some shifters but the smell didn't bother you too much. Knocking on the door, Carlisle opened it.

"(Y/n), my dear friend. I'm glad you are here." He greeted you with a smile but you could sense the tension behind it.

Leading you into the house, he introduced you to the child the Volturi were after.

"Hello Renesmee, my name is (y/n)." You said as you knelt on the ground in front off her. Her mother was tense next to you so you gave her a smile, calming her slightly.

The young girl didn't say anything to you but placed her hand onto your cheek. You didn't move and watched as images flashed before your eyes. Opening them you looked at her.

"Don't worry little one, I believed you before you showed me these images." You told her before getting up from the ground.

Turning to Carlisle you started conversing about when the Volturi were coming and what the plan was. As you spoke you noticed a tan vampire watching you with Amon, a thoughtful look on his face. You could feel a pull towards this man, a pull you have heard was associated with you mate. Once your conversation with Carlisle was over, you walked out to the balcony and leant against the wood. Not long after you had left, someone leant next to you.

"Hello." The tan man said to you. "I'm Benjamin but please, call me Ben."

"Hello, I'm (y/n). It's nice to meet you." You replied, looking at him from the corner off your eye. It's hard to believe that you had to come to a battle against the Volturi to find your mate.

He realises she likes you- *His POV*- The battle against the Volturi didn't actually turn out to be a battle but at least I met my mate. We stayed at the Cullen's for another day after the 'battle' and I spent that time with (y/n). We had agreed they would come with me back to Egypt and join our coven. They were a nomad so they felt like it was time to settle down now we had found each other. Right now, they were showing Renesmee their gift which was to speak to and control animals. They were commanding birds to dance around the both of them. They were smiling as they watched Renesmee twirl with the birds, their eyes seeming to sparkle. I smiled gently as I watched them, knowing my heart would be skipping a beat if it was pumping. I may have only known them for a few days but they have already made me feel complete. I'm so happy I found them and that we can be together, forever.

He asks you out- *Your POV*- Moving to Egypt and joining Ben's coven was like a dream come true. For years you had been on your own, only encountering other vampires every so often. However, you seemed to blend straight in with this coven and what made it better that it was with your mate. You were both aware of your connection, but Ben had yet to ask you out on a date or to be his (g/f)/(b/f). Whilst you could ask him out yourself you wanted him to do it. Whether that was your nerves talking or the fact that when you were turned it was unheard of that women asked men out was undecided.

Today you and Ben were out walking around the town, clouds hiding the sun in the unusually dreary day for Egypt. You were walking around the market, people shouting out things all around you. Jewellery and clothing were hung up everywhere and the smell of fresh fruit took over your senses. You had stopped at a stall where a (necklace/bracelet) caught your attention. It was simple but seemed to draw you in. As you admired it, you didn't notice Ben gesturing to the keeper that he was going o buy it. When you were going to put it back a hand gave it to back. Looking up, your eyes locked with Ben who smiled gently at you.

"It's yours now." He said, before gesturing for him to put in on you.

"What? No, you didn't have to buy it for me." You said, making him shake his head.

"No, I wanted to. Besides, it might help me with what I'm about to ask you." He said, making you look at him confused. "I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?"

"Yes, of course I would." You said, a smile appearing on you face as you pulled him into a hug. You were happy you were a vampire or else your cheeks would be bright red now.

First date/first kiss- *His POV*- There were multiple places in Egypt that (y/n) has yet to visit or experience, one of them being that they haven't even been to the River Nile. Sure, they've seen it on passing but have never been near it or sailed on it. That's why I planned it for our date. I hired a boat to travel along the river, in the middle of the night to prevent disturbances.

Glancing at the sky, I could tell it was time for me to pick up (y/n). I walked around the house, heading towards (y/n)'s room. Standing in front of it, I raised my hand to knock but it opened before I could. (Y/n) stood in front of me, looking amazing in their outfit. As I looked at them, their eyes glanced me up and down, making me smile. Holding my hand out, they placed theirs in mine.

"You look astonishing." I muttered, bringing their hand to my lips.

They giggled slightly. "So do you."

Thanking them, I started to lead them outside and after looking around, we started running to our destination. I lead them through the back alleys and quickly came to a stop to where the boat was waiting. Helping them onto it, I started steering it across the river. As we approached the middle, I stopped it and took seat next to them. Holding their hand in mine, we both looked up at the stars, the moon shining onto the water. We sat in silence for a few moments before I looked towards them. The light of the moon shone onto their eyes, making them seem like they were glistening. As I stared at them, they looked towards me. As smile formed on their face.

"Hello." They whispered.

"Hello." I whispered back, chuckling slightly. As we gazed at each other, I didn't notice (y/n) leaning towards me until their lips were on mine. Eyes widening slightly, I allowed them to fall shut as I kissed them back. I don't know how long we sat there for kissing, but I never wanted it to end. Eventually we leant back, eyes still shut. As I open them, I noticed (y/n) looking away slightly, looking embarrassed. I quickly held their hand again and kissed it, showing them without words that they needn't be embarrassed. Who knew I wouldn't be the first one to make a move?