Chapter 2: A Friendly Spar?

Comenzar desde el principio

I'm curious to see how far she has gotten at mastering it.

Himeko: Begin!

At Major Himeko's shout, the match has gone underway. Kiana didn't waste any time as she immediately unholstered both of her pistols and started firing.

I reacted by immediately unsheathing my sword from my back and started to deflect the incoming barrage of bullets, focusing on the muzzle of her weapons to predict the trajectory of her shots.

As I expected, although with slight differences, she's fighting the same way as her father. Siegfried had taught her well. Even I had trouble learning the Kaslana gun-kata when he tried to teach me that one time.

I can't keep standing here blocking her attacks. Eventually, I would tire myself out and she would be able to break through my defence. I need to close the distance quickly.

As I deflect another projectile aimed at my chest, I started my advance, charging straight towards her as I deflect her bullets at the same time.

As I got into my effective range, I swing my sword upwards, aiming for her torso, but she was quick to react as she leaned backwards, avoiding my attack.

I quickly followed up with a downwards swing, but as my attack was about to hit, she blocks my blade using both of her pistols before pushing my sword away with all her strength and followed up with a strong back kick to the gut, which pushes me back.

The crowd cheers as Kiana had gotten the first hit of the battle.

To keep the pressure on, I immediately ran back to her and got onto the offensive. However, my attacks failed to through her defence as she kept blocking and countering my strikes with combinations of pistol shots and kicks.

This is the essence of the Kaslana gun-kata. Using dual pistols in mid-ranged fighting, and also in close quarters combat, making it a formidable technique to go up against without any long-ranged weapons.

Sparks flew every time our weapons made contact. The two of us fiercely assault each other with constant strikes, not leaving a single opening for the other to hit. Although I'm holding back my strength quite a bit, I can tell that she's very skilled.

She dodges a horizontal swing from my sword by ducking down low and immediately counterattacked with a sweep kick, but I avoided it just in time by backflipping away before getting into a defensive stance, ready to deflect a shot, but she didn't immediately fire.

Kiana: Is that all you got?

She said, with a cocky grin still on her face as the two of us took a moment to catch our breath.

Kiana: Looks like this is gonna be easier than I thought

She taunts, although it wasn't for any tactical advantage, she's overly confident in her abilities, and genuinely thinks that she could beat me.

I've had my fun long enough. I should just lose purposely and end the ma-

Girl #1: Yeah! Kick his butt!

Girl #2: Win it for the girls, Kiana!

I heard the girls watching shout.

...I know I shouldn't do this, but screw it. If they all go into battle thinking that they're invincible, they're not going to last long as Valkyries. I'm gonna teach these girls a lesson they'll never forget. I'm winning this match.

Tightly gripping the handle of my sword, I charged full speed towards the silver-haired girl. She was caught off guard, probably because I'm moving faster than before as I was intentionally slowed down my movements. She panickly fired off her guns at me, but just like before, I deflected them off with my blade as I got closer.