To my women with the utmost respect, intellect
We often forget and neglect intuition can see through illusive intent
Listen to it
(Just listen, just listen, oh)
I found myself searching for a way to prevent, the detriment
And giving the impression that if you express to him what a woman needs
His comprehension is definite
But there's a difference between understanding and honoring your word
And I'm articulate, he's a good listener but I'm hesitant
'Cause he's gonna fuck up anyways (Anyways, anyways, anyways)
In the corners of a man's mind is a place where vulnerability hides
And intimacy is not the act of physical intertwine
But it's the isolation of two minds
That's why he keeps his heart and his head seperate
There's only one he can connect with
The multiple names on a checklist
Only calls when he's desperate
I guess, it's too much pressure to be respectful and honest
It's too stressful to be keeping promises and I'm impatient
I'm too high maintenance, way too many expectations when
We're just dating
But I'm special, right?
Deny, deny, deny
All you do is lie, word is bond right?
But not with me because I don't know what it's like
I'll never understand the needs of a man or how to nurture
And what she doesn't know can't hurt her
But nah, it's deep and you know it
I told you exactly what I wanted
And that love is exhausting
But I'm not tired of you yet
To my women with the utmost respect, intellect
We often forget and neglect
Intuition can see through illusive intent
Listen to it

      I press the stop button and press the speaker button. "Come on out." I say and she takes the headphones off. She walks to where I am and sits in the chair next to me and I press the play button.  "How that sound to you?" I ask her. "I love it. Thank you." "Girl this is all you. I just put our creative brains together. Look at my lil sister wanting to be like me." I say. "Shut up." She says as she pushes my shoulder. "I think you'd be a perfect artist on my label." "For real?" "Yeah Ayana. I think you'd make it far. How about you stay down here and record some more? Even though I'm the owner I still wanna bring you up to the members of the label and if you already have an EP ready we can push it out." She starts cheesing and runs over and hugs me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I hug her back and kiss the top of her head.
      "Look the folder under R&B beats. You might find a couple of beats." I say as we pull away from the hug. She nods her head. "Let me go check on everybody else. I'll be back down here in a couple of hours to give you some time." She nods her head and I head back upstairs.
      I walk into the living room to see the Kalia watching tv. "Hi baby girl. Where's mommy?" I say and she gets up and runs to me and I pick her up. She points to the kitchen and kisses my cheek. I walk towards the kitchen to see Dinah and aunt Sammie cooking. "You know, Im starting to really like this. Walking into the kitchen to see my aunt and girlfriend cooking in the kitchen making breakfast. This the second meal y'all made together." I say as I stand in the doorway. "Shut up Y/N." Dinah says as she turns around and looks at me. "Now why you gotta go and be rude to me? That was a compliment." I say. I walk over to the counter and look over what they made. "Tía, you made mangú? You know I love you right? Oou and you made Plátanos dulces? I love it here." I say as I hug and kiss her cheek while stealing two pieces. "Me and Lia are going to watch tv."
       I walk out the kitchen and into the living room. I put Kalia down on the couch and sit down besides her and hand her a piece of plantain. "Cheers." I say as we eat the piece of food. I grab the remote and put on cocomelon on the tv. I take out my phone and go on Instagram.

@Theshaderoom