Flinching

Summary: Dom asks why you keep flinching at his movements

Requested by yungwriting (Also definitely consider reading her oneshots, I really like them!)

Trigger Warnings: Past physical abuse (not in flashback), questions about abuse

It wasn't something that you even thought about anymore, flinching at sudden movements.

After your ex boyfriend, it became something that was more than natural. He was an abusive piece of shit, and nothing more than that.

He would rule over you with either the threat of physical violence, or, when he got aggressive enough, would resort to physical violence.

His hands never seemed to not to be raised against you, whenever you did anything that he deemed as wrong, or sometimes he didn't feel a need for a reason. He would just feel like it.

And, he wasn't even where the abuse had begun in your life. It had started since you were a small child.

Your dad always had an iron fist grip over your family. He ruled everyone else in the household like puppets on strings, the threat of physical harm hanging over your head.

And you truly believed that he would do that. You saw how aggressive he would get, and you were even more so of how aggressive he could get.

Though you hadn't lived in your parents home for many years now, and you had left your ex boyfriend the year previous, the physical reflexes were not going anywhere anytime soon.

You flinched very quickly, and very easily now. Usually it was small things. If someone raised a hand too quickly, or went to hug you too quickly, the sound of something shattering, screaming, was usually enough to set you off.

Even though you felt fully safe with Dom, and never believed he would hurt you, it was difficult to not worry.

It wasn't that you thought Dom would hurt you, it was the fear of physical hurt.

And, sometimes it was most prevalent when you were in public. 

You and Dom were on a set for a music video for Ice Cream Man, as it was a song that everyone had wanted a music video about for months now.

"How do I look Y/N?" Dom asked, with a grin, as he walked out wearing a red and white striped jacket, white collared shirt, and white trousers.

"Think this is the most colour I've ever seen you wear," You laughed, as Dom jumped up and down, beaming, as he went to go get his makeup done.

You didn't have a part in the music video, you were just staying there for moral support, and because you liked having Dom's company, and spending time around him.

All the people on set understood, you'd been together for three months, and everyone said you were just in the honeymoon phase, and soon this sort of thing would wear off. You were still going to enjoy this phase.

As Dom came back from makeup, around 10 minutes later, he came in, he shouted out, as he came jumping in.

Sometimes Dom's ADHD and you being extremely jumpy was an absolutely terrible combination, as sometimes he would scare the shit out of you by mistake. 

As he shouted out, you flinched instinctively. Usually, most people didn't think anything of it, or didn't notice, but you saw the worried expression on Tom's face. You tried to ignore it, as you sat up straighter, and brushed it off.

But, as soon as Dom had left to film, and Tom and you were free, he walked over to you. "Y/N, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked, and you nodded.

Tom sat down to you, placing his camera down in his lap. "Y/N, is everything okay? I notice you keep flinching at like loud and sudden movements, is anything going on?" He asked.

You had no clue how honest to be. 

Not for one second, did you ever want him to think that Dom was hurting you, or abusing you, but you hadn't even told Dom about the abuse yet, it wasn't something you were exactly open to talking about.

"I'm just used to having to flinch, not because of Dom," You said, as that seemed the best middle ground to settle on in terms of showing it wasn't any abuse that was ongoing, but made it clear to explain what was going on.

Tom understood, as he nodded, placing his hand over yours. "I'm sorry Y/N. Just so you know, I'm always here if you need me," He said, and you smiled a little. "Thank you, Tom,"

//

You and Dom were back at home now, in the kitchen, and you and Dom were getting ready to make dinner. "Love, what do you want to eat?" He asked, as he went through the fridge, looking for something to make.

You weren't really sure what to ask, as you were still pretty new to staying over at Dom's house, and didn't want to be too demanding.

"What's something you're good at cooking?" You asked, and Dom paused for a moment, before responding.

"I make a killer omelette!" He laughed, as he rummaged through his kitchen drawers, for his pan. After a moment, he pulled out a large frying pan, halfway swinging it.

That was enough for you to badly flinch, practically move your whole body away. Dom had noticed your flinching, but this was too much for him to ignore or not bring up.

"Y/N, is everything okay?" He asked. You were worried that he was going to get mad at you, so you nodded. "Fine," You said, but he shook his head.

Placing the pan down on the kitchen counter, he walked further up to you, but still keeping his distance, in possible chance you didn't want to be held. "Y/N, why did you flinch like that?" He asked.

You slowly began to explain everything, your past with your dad, your ex boyfriend, why you flinched, etc, you told everything. Once you were done explaining, Dom paused for a few moments, before replying.

Slowly, he held out his arms, though he didn't come any closer to you. "C'mere, Y/N," He said, waiting for you to come to him. You did, letting him wrap his arms around you. As he held you, you felt his hands take yours.

"Y/N, look at my hands," He said. Slightly confused, you looked down at his hands, clad in rings, the fingers intertwined with yours. "See my hands?" He asked, and you nodded.

"I want you to know that no matter how angry or frustrated I will ever get, these hands will never ever touch you unless it's to love you and hold you, okay?" He promised.

"You're always safe with me," Dom promised, as he picked you up in his arms, carrying you from the kitchen up to your room.

The rest of the night was full of his gentle touches, him taking such good care of you, making you feel like an angel. And, you could relax with the knowledge that you were always safe with him.

A/N! Woo that was a bit heavy, hi chickens! Hope you all enjoyed regardless!!

We're on imagine 198 what the hell 😃😃

Love you!! Lana <33

🐔🐔