Nativity

Summary: Dom gets emotional watching your daughter's nativity

"Dom!" You shouted out, as you finished zipping up your big heavy coat. Dom was still busy talking to Tom over the phone, which was beginning to drive you a little bit more than mad, at this point.

"We're going to be late," You said, shoving your keys into your back jeans pocket. Your five year old daughter, Felicite, was doing her first Nativity play, with her school. She'd been going on about it for months, and she was so excited.

She was playing the star, and this had been her biggest achievement in her whole five years of life, from her point of view anyways. 

But, as excited as she was, she was nowhere NEAR as excited as Dom was. He'd practically screamed when you two picked up Felicite from school, and she came running down the playground to tell you.

He was so proud of her, it felt like he was following in his footsteps, of course to only a certain extent. She had a solo song, and he'd spent hours helping her and teach her to remember her lines, but the love for it was reciprocated.

She kept saying she was doing what Daddy was doing, and for her, she might as well have been Marilyn Monroe in her eyes. And Dom was still on call for Tom, asking him if he could join you two and film the performance.

You thought it was a little dramatic, asking him to record it, as no matter how much of a talented photographer Tom was, there's only so much to be made out of a reception nativity play. "Y/N, I'm coming, don't worry," Dom said, putting his phone in his pocket.

Thankfully, he was all ready to go, and he grabbed his car keys, as he kissed your cheek, putting his arm around your waist for a soft moment, before opening the front door, and heading for the car.

You stepped out of the door, closing it behind you, as you headed for the car, Dom opening the door of the car for you. You sat down in the shotgun seat, as you buckled yourself in. "I cannot wait to see Felicite man!" Dom beamed.

"I've seen her little costume, it's so cute!" He said. He'd seen it before, as you were the one who had to get her everything she needed. She had to have a star costume, and all you were told was either yellow, or sparkly.

So, the best thing you could get your hands on, was a pair of silver holographic shirt and trousers, which the school had liked. She apparently was wearing a wig, but you hadn't seen that yet, and you knew the closest thing to makeup she was going to wear was face paint.

As Dom drove you to the primary school, you felt your heart beating faster in your chest, with excitement. You knew how excited Felicite is, as she had not stopped talking about it, at any opportunity she got.

You heard her talking about it to Dom as he got her ready for school, as you two picked her up for school, as you were sitting at dinner, as you were tucking her into bed, for about a month, this was all she wanted to speak about.

As you arrived at the primary school, you saw another car pull up, and recognised it as Tom's. You two were already out of your car, and as Tom stepped out, Dom got more and more excited, knowing this would be on camera now.

"I knew you'd show up man!" Dom laughed, seeing the camcorder that Tom was holding. "Well at least it doesn't seem like I'm the only one," Tom commented, as you walked into the lobby of the school.

Looking around, it seemed half the parents had brought their own cameras. Outside the hall, where they were doing it, you had to pay the money for tickets. The tickets were an expensive £1 each, and you bought three, for all of you.

The three of you sat down on seats that were free, near the front, as you'd gotten there pretty early. "What Nativity are they doing?" Tom asked, as he'd come on such short notice, that he was pretty clueless.