1.

Candice.

I was on my way to class, scrolling through Instagram when I suddenly felt someone grab me from behind. It was a guy from my school, who was known for being a player and an overall jerk. He had his arms wrapped around me tightly, his muscles flexing against me. I tried to break free, but his grip was too strong. He turned me around forcefully, his face dangerously close to mine. He was undeniably attractive with his dark brown skin and perfect features, but I was not interested in him in the slightest. 

He reeked of pizza and I was getting nauseous. "Come on, babe," he said, smirking. "You know you want this." I rolled my eyes and pushed against him. "Get off me, Jamison," I snapped. He only held on tighter, inching closer to me. "Don't be like that," he whispered. "I like a challenge." I knew I had to act fast before things got worse. With all my strength, I lifted my knee and kicked him where it hurt the most. He let out a loud cry and fell to the ground, holding himself in pain. I didn't waste any time and ran down the hallway, hoping no one had heard our scuffle. 

But just as I was turning a corner, I bumped into the football coach, who was the biggest and toughest teacher at our school. "Ms. Moore," he said sternly. "What are you doing out of class?" I quickly made up an excuse about needing to use the restroom, and he let me go with a warning. When I finally got to class, the teacher gave me a stern look and told me I was late. I tried to explain my situation, but he wasn't having it. "You can spend the rest of homeroom in the principal's office," he said, before shutting the door in my face. 

 I was fuming as I walked to my locker, feeling the anger boil inside me. It wasn't fair that I had to deal with Jamison's advances and then get punished for defending myself. I wished I could just give Mr. Taylor a piece of my mind, but I knew that would only make things worse. So, I took a deep breath and tried to calm down, knowing that I had to find a way to make it through the day.

A/N: Hey guys. Welcome! I just wanted to thank you for clicking on this book and hope that you enjoy the journey. I know this chapter is out of the blue, but it was my first book from high school. I'll come back to read it over when I get a chance! ❤