Chapter 1

Chloe's POV:

It's been a week since I ran way from hell. I've been staying in an old neighborhood, on the street because I have no money.

It's a bit scary but I can manage, to pass my time I just sit in the library to read and relax without stressing that someone might see me and tell them where I am.

Right now I'm sitting in the library as usual with a book in my hands but I can't seem to concentrate because I keep zoning out alot. So I decided to close it and to try finding something else to do.

I watched the door as people went in and out, trying to figure out everyone's life without even knowing anything about them. Until I saw that woman who keeps coming here everyday to read or to sometimes just drink coffee. I was too distracted looking at her that I didn't realize the old lady approaching me, I think she's the owner of this place.

"Hey sweetheart." She said looking at me with a small smile.

"Good morning is there something I can help you with?"  I said a bit confused 'cause I've noticed that she's the grumpy kind who doesn't really talk to people.

"I noticed that you've been coming here everyday and I wanted to ask you a question." I nodded my head, a sign for her to continue.

"Do you want by any chance to work here with me, I'm an old woman as you can see and I can't keep working here by myself I really need someone to help me, but of course if you don't wa-"

"I will help you." Her eyes widened and her smile grew bigger. "I am looking for a job anyway and I love it here. Where can I start?"

"You can start today, dear." she said happily which made me smile. I love making people smile.

"Okay, show me what should i do."

A/n: it's a short chapter ik, I don't really know if it's good tbh.
Anw English is my 3rd language so I probably have a lot of mistakes.
Anw ily 💕