Broken Chains

The two feral Skeletons faced off, snarling at each other. The older lunged at Sans who lept to the side, pivoted, and slammed himself into Wingdings with all the force he could muster. They scratched and bit at each other, trying to gain the upper hand in their death match. Sans tore away at Wingdings sleeve. Wingdings shredded Sans tie. Claws and teeth cut through clothes and bone. Sans had almost gotten a particularly nasty cut like he'd given to Wingdings, but in an attempt to avoid it the dirt of the pitfall trap caved beneath him and Sans tumbled in. He whined in pain and got onto all fours trying to shake himself off, but Wingdings jumped down, crushing him into the dirt. Sans felt Wingdings place a hand on his skull as Wingdings sank his teeth into Sans upper rib and started to apply pressure to Sans skull. Sans tried to struggle beneath him, but it yeilded no results. Was this it...? Was this how Sans was going to die...? He grit his teeth as the pain increased an his vision started to blur. He heard something start to crack, he felt pain. "SANS!"

⛓️⛓️⛓️

He didn't know how he did it or why, but he managed to teleport back up top, clutching his skull in pain. "Sans..?" Sans skull shot up, making him stumble and sink to the ground as intense vertigo hit him. He growled uneasily at whoever it was, his mind and soul to cloud to recognize it was his mate. "HIS CUFFS HAVE BROKEN, WE CAN'T BRING HIM BACK.." Words were meaningless, Sans couldn't understand who or what they were. He couldn't understand why they were here. "We can worry about that later, his head is damaged." Sans flinched as a hand touched the cracks and he tried to bite it. "Hang on Sans, it's me, remember? [Y/N]? Who was a [Y/N]? What was a [Y/N]? Sans started to struggle when a knee pressed into his spine. "STOP STRUGGLING BROTHER, I'M TRYING TO HEAL YOU!"
"He doesn't know us at all... does he?" Sans wheezed out a growl as he flinched away from the green light that pressed against his head. He stopped struggling in an instant. The light felt nice.. "HE'S FERAL AND HE'S WOUNDED. HIS THOUGHTS AREN'T EXACTLY ON WHO WE ARE."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

He could feel it now. The pull. His mate was here. So was his kin. Sans whined in confusion, wondering why he was on top of Sans in a dominance display. His kin quickly backed off. Sans got shakily onto all fours and pressed his skull into his mate. "Hey Sans... I'm sorry, we should have stayed.." Sans whimpered, pressed closer and nuzzling as he tried to calm her down. "HELLO BROTHER.." His kin was equally sad holding some all to familiar objects that Sans simply couldn't name. He knew they held some sort of importance though, something that they could no longer do, it seemed. Sans didn't know. The objects were dropped to which Sans went to explore them. He didn't understand though. Why would these make them sad? What did they do? He looked up at his kin and to his mate. How could he make them be happy again? Could he ever do that? Even back in the small den, he could never make his kin happy.. Unfortunately a certain other feral Skeleton interrupted Sans thoughts(?), roaring as he tried to get out of the pitfall trap.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans snarled and started towards the trap, ready to begin the fight anew. "Wait, wait, wait!" His mate stopped him, tugging at his torn clothing. He paused, looking to her, his mate. He had to end the threat, why wasn't she letting him? And why was she crying?! Sans tail thumped to the ground as something akin to shock raced through him. "P-please don't kill him... this isn't you Sans, you're not a murderer! I know that, Papyrus knows that, YOU know that! Show everyone else that too... there's a better way than death. Sans became aware of the weight in his pocket, the stone that hadn't worked. He became aware that something was wrong, no not wrong, off. Something was off with him. He looked to his brother, trembling not to far away from him and Wingdings who was trapped in an eight foot hole behind him. He looked to his mate, down on her knees before him, begging. She shouldn't be begging. She shouldn't be... Sans sat up and wiped her tears away with gentle precision. "don't cry [Y/N]... please don't cry.." She gasped and threw herself into his arms. "Oh Sans, thank the stars you're you!"

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans blinked in confusion. That was a weird statement. Sans looked at Papyrus who was beyond shocked and sat down quickly. Then Sans noticed the flash of metal and he remembered. Wingdings broke his cuffs. He felt shocked once more as the realization settled deep within himself. He was still feral and he was controlling it. He hugged [Y/N] close as he tried to get over it. It wasn't an easy thing to do though, get over such a thing that was meant to be impossible. He blinked as he recalled that Wingdings still needed to be dealt with. How was he supposed to do that? The ex Don would get out eventually if they didn't do something, so what was Sans supposed to do now that [Y/ N] was here? He didn't want her to see him end Wingdings with his own hands, he didn't want to put her through any more trauma. Then he noticed the warmth in his pocket. He had to let go so he could get in there and see what it was.. the stone. It was the Sealing Stone, swirling a bright mixture of yellow and blue. Supercharged and ready for use. Sans looked at the stone, then at Wingdings. This time for sure.

3 chapters left