Sealing Stone

You and Sans ended up telling Toriel everything from the moment he got sick to his older brother's treachery. How he used Sans sickness to his advantage to take over both cities. You explained how you were Sans soulmate,  how you helped the brother's break away from Wingdings and how they wanted to fix their mistakes... without actually killing their own brother. "i don't... i don't wanna be like him, if i were to actually kill him it would be no better than what he did to our dad, that's why we are looking for any alternatives." Sans concluded, pinching his nasal area. Toriel stayed silent, trying to sort through everything she'd been told. Asgore and Grillby looked at one another, the former speaking to the latter in hushed whispers. Sans kept his head down and you found yourself toying with the heavy cuff around his neck. "what are you doing?" He sounded and looked amused rather than uneasy or afraid like he'd been with the Don and Papyrus. "These are heavy, how can you live with them around your neck? I mean, I get why, obviously, but did you ever struggle to lift your arms and head?" Sans snorted, shaking his head.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Toriel watched them interact while Roman's middle child told the human about the sealing cuffs. It was quite the story but maybe... maybe she should trust them? She didn't have many options in the first place so Sans and [Y/N] truly was her first and only chance. It would be a matter of time before Wingdings came back to collect the money. He still did come whether his brother's had known it or not. "Asgore, please get me a Sealing Stone." Asgore lifted from his seat, hooves clopping against the wood and drawing Sans and [Y/N]'s attention. Sans became nervous again, he had no idea what was going on. Toriel decided to ease his fears. "I've decided to believe your story and assist you in taking care of your Don in a non-lethal manner." Asgore came back with a box and set them next to his mate. "These are Sealing Stones," he began, "boss monsters use them to seal away monsters who have wronged them and their people. These stones transport the monster in question to another dimension and they cannot reverse the process." Toriel picked up the explanation. "The only problem is we don't know if it will work for you, Sans, since you are not a boss monster." Sans looked away, thinking, than looked back to her. "i have to try. we can't keep living like this." Toriel sighed and opened the box. "Take one and best of luck to you." Sans reached over, choosing one as black as night and pocketing it. "Thank you, toriel, you won't regret this." The two stood from their seats, Sans putting his hat on. "you'll be free by the end of next month." He promised before they departed with Grillby behind them.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans didn't lead you home like you were expecting, in fact, he lead you the other way. "Um, Sans?" He plopped his hat on your head and winked, wagging his tail. "trust me, i know where we are going." You trusted him. You would let him lead you to wherever, he wouldn't allow anyone to hurt you. "Why?" He chuckled and leaned close to your ear. "we're gonna celebrate a step forward, sweetheart. trust me things look fishy now, but we'll be fine, i promise." You gave him a confused expression, but he didn't clear up his vague words.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

That's how you ended up in front of Undyne's bar. "this." Sans gestured grandly to the bar before you both. "this is the best place in town and as a bonus the barkeep is actually my friend. my only friend in the city actually. not to mention undyne's alcohol tastes a shit ton better than what you humans drink." You lifted a brow. "You drink?"
"occasionally. i used to drink a lot more when my life was a living nightmare." He admitted. "honestly i just wanna say hi and introduce you two. maybe a drink for old times sake." You pushed him playfully. "Ok, but I've got my eye on you mister!" Sans huffed in amusement and led you inside and to the bar. "heya 'dyne! a bbq and a glass of ijepota for the lady!" He turned to you quickly. "Trust me, it's good and has a low concentration of alcohol so you won't get hammered." Undyne pass him a bottle of BBQ sauce and a sparkling glass of purple liquid. "Heya punk, where have ya been?! I was starting to think you were dead!" Sans nearly choked on his sauce which he was downing like a madman, making you question many things. "nope, not yet anyway."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

His fish joke suddenly made a lot of sense. Undyne was a strong looking fish woman who was dressed in a teal suit with a green tie. She had red hair and a single piercing yellow eye, the other covered in an eyepatch. "Who's the chick?" She asked Sans who immediately pulled you closer in a protective manner. "she's my mate, [Y/N]. [Y/N], this is undyne." Undyne leaned against the counter, scanning you. "Is this nerd being good to you, or do I have to whoop some Skeleton tail?" You shook your head quickly. "He's been very good to me! Keeping me safe from his Don and everything!" She quirked a brow and looked at Sans. "Really now?"
"i've... got a lot to catch you up on." While Sans started filling her in, you decided to take a sip of the Ijepota." It didn't burn like human alcohol did, it went down smooth like water and had an intriguing tangy mint and citrus taste that fit oddly well together. You hummed happily. Sans was right. This place was the best!