Daily Visitor

He tracked her to every location she sang, always watching from the furthest corner. He was starting to learn about her too. Her name was [Y/N] [L/N]. A pretty, young, single human. She was barely middle class, and was born and raised here in Ebbot. He guessed that she had a [S/T] soul, though he'd never seen it. He wanted to. Sans desperately wanted her, but he refused to throw her deeper into his bullshit than she already was. Watching from the shadows was going to have to be enough. Watching. Protecting. There was humans who've had wonderful ideas to do things to his soul mate. He, naturally, put a stop to it. Made them second guess their choices before they decided that it was best to leave the girl be. It was the most he could do, after she saw what he'd done to that man. Stars how he regretted that. Chasing after her had probably made it worse too. Sans sighed. If only he could- no. "don't bring her into the don's shit, sans, don't." She could never know the real Sans. How much she meant to him. It was best that she saw him as a monster, a true monster.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus noticed Sans leaving during the nights. He didn't understand why. Didn't the humans scare him at all? Papyrus decided to follow his brother next time he went out. Five minutes after Sans slipped out, Papyrus followed, doing his best to follow without being caught by the older. It was hard since he towered over the humans. The humans also seemed to know better than to get in their way, parting for Sans to continue on his 'mission' and Papyrus to follow his brother. Sans paused at a door, sniffing it seemed. He was tracking someone? Why? Papyrus wasn't sure what to think of this. He shook himself, tightening his scarf and fixing his fedora. He trusted Sans, he would continue to do so. Whoever he was tracking was being tracked for a reason. Papyrus would believe that it was a good one. He followed Sans inside, immediately tensing at horrible smell of alcohol. Why a bar? Papyrus didn't like these places. He often would have brought Sans back home from one in the past. His memories of these places weren't good ones. "pap, over here." Papyrus head snapped over to where Sans was sitting.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans knew Papyrus was following him. Honestly he was surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Papyrus was only 16 though. He wasn't leaving him unattended in a place like this. She'd be preforming soon. Papyrus made his way over, taking a seat beside his older brother. "SANS WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'VE BEEN GOING THIS PAST WEEK?" Papyrus asked. "you'll see soon, bro-" A human was coming with aggressive intentions. Sans was waiting for this guy to try something. "Freaks aren't allowed here, go back to the circus." Sans sighed lightly, took off his fedora and placed it on the table. Then his eyelights extinguished and he growled. It was all he had to do to be left alone at this point. The humans knew better. The guy fled. Sans plopped his fedora back on and the stage lights flashed on, signifying that it was time. His eyelights returned and he gave the stage his attention. "BROTHER-"
"it's starting." Sans quieted his brother quickly. She stepped out and his soul started to pull towards hers. He sat at the edge of his seat, waiting for her beautiful voice. His tail wagged in anticipation for it.

⛓⛓⛓

Papyrus had never seen Sans like this before. It was the girl again and Sans seemed to be completely taken up by her. It didn't take long for him to piece two and two together. That human was Sans soul mate. He left nightly to see her shows. Papyrus was so happy with this revelation, but he also knew this was dangerous. If the Don found out.. the Don couldn't find out. Sans NEEDED this after everything. He deserved happiness. Papyrus couldn't, wouldn't take the human away from Sans. How did Sans plan on keeping her safe? Did she know? Was she OK with Sans forced job? Papyrus didn't know what he told her and what he didn't. He would have to ask after the show. For now, he simply focused on the performance. Her singing was pleasant, it would match well with Sans own. Papyrus missed the days with mother when they would sing and Sans practiced playing his trombone. He couldn’t believe he MISSED that stupid brass instrument. He missed the good days... maybe she could bring them back? Bring Sans' happiness back? This was the happiest Sans had been in six years, Papyrus knew that.

⛓⛓⛓

After she left the stage, Sans left the bar, Papyrus was quick to come after him. "ARE YOU NOT GOING TO CONGRATULATE HER?" He shook his head. "no."
"BUT SHE'S YOUR-"
"i know." He slipped his hands into his pockets. "she doesn't know and she never will." Papyrus froze. "B-BUT WHY?!" Papyrus asked. Sans faced his baby brother. "think of the situation we are in. do you really want her to be apart of that?" Papyrus couldn't argue with that. "YOU HAVE A POINT, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM HER FOREVER, YOU ARE MEANT TO BE!" Papyrus pointed at Sans' soul. "i can if it means keeping her safe. the don won't know if i keep her ignorant of the real me." Papyrus drooped. "YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE HER THINK THAT KILLING IS ALL YOU ARE? ALL YOU DO?" Sans looked at the lit up streets around him. "if it's what it takes.." Sans replied quietly. The brothers fell silent. "WHY DO YOU GO TO HER SHOWS THEN? SHOULDN'T YOU AVOID HER OR SOMETHING?" Papyrus asked after awhile. Sans shrugged. "i just can't help it. i don't think i could stop, even if i wanted to. she calms me." Sans admitted. Papyrus smiled a bit. "WELL THAT IS GOOD, BROTHER."