Rise to Power

It was the perfect day to wear black. Black or red. Wingdings made sure to wear all black. Black dress pants, a black undershirt with equally black suspenders. He even had on their father's favorite full length black overcoat and quartz pocket watch. The only thing that wasn't black in the entire outfit was his dark purple tie and the grey band around his fedora. Wingdings had woke the boys early, giving them a 10 minute time limit to get ready for work. Sans tried to object. "wingdings- i get me, i'm almost 18, but Papyrus is only 11-" Wingdings shut him up with a summoned hand to the throat. "Don Gaster now. Papyrus is fully capable for the task I need him for, so don't question me again.." The growl was enough for Sans to know that if he did question the Don again, he'd be putting Papyrus life at stake. So the boys got ready. Sans put on  navy blue dress pants with a white undershirt, black suspenders, and a matching navy blue overcoat. He wore a yellow tie along with his yellow banded black fedora. Papyrus wore brown dress pants with a white undershirt, tan suspenders, a matching brown overcoat, and his red scarf. A skeleton gained his fedora at the age of 13, yes that was a tradition for the Mafia, so he was stuck with his tan cap. Satisfied with his Mafia's appearance, Gaster lead his 'brothers' out to tend to 'business'.

⛓⛓⛓

Sans had never been this close to Shade City's capital building before.. nor had Papyrus, who clutched Sans arm for dear life. "S-SANS... WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE... WHERE'S FATHER..?" The youngest asked to which Sans quietly shushed him. "i'll explain later, pap... just follow his lead for now.." Sans glanced wearily at the Don who seemed to be smirking at him. Sans still felt numb with the weight of Wingdings sins. He wanted to grieve for his dad's death, but he was furious and scared. Papyrus would always be his first priority and Papyrus was under threat by Wingdings. So that grief, Sans had to shove away... for Papyrus. Worse yet, he was sure Wingdings knew this. Did Wingdings know that Sans was outside the door? Was that possible? Wingdings didn't have the 'feral' senses Sans did. His senses weren't heightened like Sans. So was it just a coincidence that Sans was there when Wingdings killed Roman? Did he just KNOW that Sans would try to fight against him, thus using Papyrus as leverage to control Sans? It wasn't a mystery that the brothers were unbelievably close. That'd been quite clear since Sans first went feral. "Citizens of Shade City." The boys looked to their brother, who'd turned to address the crowd. "For the longest time this City had been tainted by savagery. So in response to this, I'm taking hold. You want a monster, I'll be your monster. Anything that happens, I will find out, and the one responsible will be hunted and killed."

⛓⛓⛓

The monsters were skeptical, of course. They started to laugh at Wingdings declaration. He was not amused. "Wingdings... where's your father? Who are they?" A goat woman in a purple faux fur coat approached. Wingdings paid Toriel no heed. She was no longer in control of this city. "Sans. Come here." The skeleton tensed and murmured comforting words to Papyrus to get him to let go. Wingdings didn't have the patience and pulled Sans over by his overcoat. "Wingdings!" Toriel picked up her pace. Wingdings once again ignored her, pulling out the key. "no... no you wouldn't!"
"I am and I will. If an example is needed then I will give them one." He restrained Sans with his new magic hands, unlocking Sans cuffs one by one. "SANS!" Papyrus cried realizing what Wingdings was doing. "STOP IT! WE'RE LOSING HIM!!"
"Unless you want me to KILL Sans right now, you will stop, Papyrus!" Wingdings hissed as the now feral Sans strained to attack the threats surrounding him. Papyrus froze as Wingdings let Sans go on the crowd of now terrified as Sans claimed his first victim. Some ran, some tried to shoot, those ones died. Toriel stood, frozen with terror. Papyrus too. Wingdings felt highly satisfied. He. Was. In. CONTROL.

⛓⛓⛓

Wingdings handed Papyrus the key. "Bring him back to me. We've made our example. I don't want my whole City dead." Papyrus wasn't stupid. He knew that his dad was dead or he would have stopped his brother from doing this. Sans had tried to spare Papyrus the pain, but Papyrus already knew. This meant Wingdings was the Don and his word was law. Papyrus shakily approached his brother, shaking violently at all that he'd just witnessed. The older had long since lost his fedora in the rush and dust. His clothes were filled with dust and blood. Buttons had come undone or were pulled off in monsters attempts to escape him, his tie was loose around his neck. Papyrus knew it wasn't Sans fault. But he was still scared. Not of Sans, but of Wingdings. He touched his brother as Sans tore at a dusting monster. Sans snapped at the youngest, and Papyrus fell back. He could hear the goat lady call out in fear. He was ok, and he had Sans attention. "I-I'M GOING T-TO BRING Y-YOU BACK... O-OK?" Sans sniffed Papyrus, trying to figure out why he was sad and scared. Sans didn't understand what was wrong. Papyrus slowly locked the cuffs back in. After a minute, Sans sobbed, clutching onto Papyrus. Papyrus returned the gesture, crying himself. Unfortunately it was short lived as Wingdings shadow hovered over them. They looked up at the Don. "Sans, get your hat. We are done for the day." He snatched the key back from Papyrus and Sans shakily stood up. Papyrus got his hat for him and the two skeletons followed the Don, keeping very close to each other for comfort. They both knew, this was only the beginning.