The Threat

Being marked had been quite the experience. You'd never gotten high before but that was the only way you could ever describe it. You'd gotten high off Sans mate mark and ended up dancing like you were at a party or something. Sans had went with it, amused and happy to see you happy, dancing with you into the late hours of the night. He was enjoying himself. As were you. Eventually though he insisted that you both needed rest, and got you to sleep in the comfort of his embrace. He wasn't there the next morning when you woke up. Why did you feel so concerned? "S-Sans...?" The door to your bedroom opened, revealing you, but the sense of concern didn't dissipate. "Sans, what's wrong?" He paused a moment. "oh right, the bond. of course you can feel it now."
"Your emotions?" He hummed. "my mafia can tell when another skeleton of the mafia is mated. he's gonna be coming and soon. your safety is my top priority."
"You're concerned that he's gonna kill me?" You asked for confirmation. "i know he's gonna try. that's why pap is setting this place up for a heavy assault. in the meantime, we need a plan of action. something to get rid of him once and for all."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

You followed Sans downstairs where Papyrus was setting up, "Sans... are those fucking machine guns?" He readjusted his fedora. "yep. we can't afford to mess this up. your life is on the line." Sans padded over to a counter and pulled out a shotgun, loading it and carefully straping it to his shoulder. "you should go get a pistol, just in case." Your soul pounded. "S-Sans.. I-I can't shoot someone! Not even him!" Sans lifted your chin, connecting your forehead with his. His soul was humming with soft reassurance. "with any luck you won't have to. it'll be ok, [Y/N], i promise. i just need you to stay down ok, behind the counter." That was pretty close to the fight... you bit your lip nervously. "Why not in the back or upstairs..?" Sans rumbled in quiet amusement. "cause that's where he will be expecting me to put ya. far away from the battle. he's likely going to break in from your apartment. that's why you're staying in my sight... for the most part." Sans plucked off his fedora and shrugged off his jacket. "to hide your scent. don't need him finding you immediately." You nodded and put on his clothes.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Sans double checked everything and Papyrus triple checked it. They made sure you had a gun, fully loaded, made sure the other guns were usable and fully loaded, Sans had apparently barricaded your room and the front door, now they were waiting. Waiting for the Don to make the first move. "SANS.." You and Sans both turned your heads to Papyrus. "yeah bro?" Papyrus picked at his gloves. "WILL WE HAVE TO... KILL HIM...? TO PROTECT [Y/N]..?" That's when you remembered what Sans said and what you'd seen Soul Synchronizing with Sans. Don Wingdings was their brother. Their biological family. Having to shoot at him... it must be hard on them too. They were all raised together. It was easy for you to forget, you've only known him as the man who used his brother's for personal gain, but they'd seen him in a different light. "... we might..." Sans replied quietly. Papyrus whined, lowering his skull. "'m sorry.." Papyrus shook his head. "I JUST... WISH IT DIDN'T HAVE TO END THIS WAY.." Sans looked mournfully up the steps. "me too. [N/N], you should get down now."

⛓️⛓️⛓️

Don Gaster did just as Sans suspected. He was packing his own heavy artillery, both in weapons and magic. He slipped inside through his own 'shortcut' as Sans called them and found that she wasn't there... and the boys were expecting him. They were likely downstairs with that rifle at the ready or something along those lines. The Don already had a counter measure for that. It took him no time to disintegrate the blockades into nothing. He had no patience for such trivialities. His only objective was to kill the girl and retrieve his weapon. He pulled a smoke bomb and undid the pin, tossing it down the stairs. Now he could get through without Papyrus being able to take the shot. Only, just as his paw hit the first step, MULTIPLE shots fired at him. The Don ducked for cover, feeling a couple bullets graze him. "Machine guns?!" It was unexpected, he had no idea they had machine guns in their arsenal. Pistols yes. A rifle, yes. But not machine guns. Luckily for Don Gaster they weren't the only one.

⛓️⛓️⛓️

It became an all out gun war between the Skeletons as the smoke cleared and The Don started firing back with a Tommy Gun when the boys were reloading. Sans was quick to pull out his own Tommy Gun and provide cover fire for Papyrus. When both guns ran out, The Don whipped out pistols and the wars started anew. He had his hands reloading the Tommy Gun. "READY!" Papyrus barked as he took up position at the machine gun. "Shit!" The Don was forced to take cover again. Sans knew they couldn't continue like this though. Gaster may have not been expecting the machine guns, but he was likely packing a lot more than what they had. Sans was going to have to use his magic soon. Certain attacks drained him when his chains were on but if it kept [Y/N] safe. "pap, stop." He did, looking at Sans in confusion until he saw his eye light with yellow magic. Gaster stepped into view, only for bones to launch at him. "Magic?!"
"you're not the only one that can use it, bastard!" Sans snarled as sweat was already started to accumulate on his skull. Gaster heard a whine from his left. "FUCK!" The blaster went off, burning at everything in the hallway.