The ritual they were getting ready to perform was something called "The Eight Sign Seal" and required 8 like minded individuals to bring forth, summon and bind a mighty demon known as The Kyuubi. Laughing and joking around about how ridiculous this whole scenario was, the group set out to purchase the required items to set the ritual up. They needed eight thick, blood red candles, a basket with a vibrantly white lotus, some strands of all eight males' hair and last but not least, Minatos blood.

Seeing this was all Minato's idea, the boys decided that it should be him who arranges and writes everything for the ritual, they'll just be there for his moral support. How bored must they be to think this was a great way to spend their Friday night? Looking through the ritual page, having no idea what they said or meant, Minato set out with his white chalk writing all the characters, symbols and assortment of circles down in order and as precisely as he possibly could. Eight perfect smaller circles were drawn around a larger circle and inside each of the eight smaller circles he placed a thick red candle. In the middle of the large circle, big enough to allow eight boys to stand around perfectly spaced out was a wicker basket. Inside the wicker basket held the hair from each boy along with the whitest lotus they could find on such short notice.

The eight boys gather around and stand at their designated candle. Each performs a different hand sign, neither of them could tell you what they meant, miraculously they demonstrated them flawlessly. Going around counter clockwise each boy pricked their finger and bled over their respected candle causing the flames to burst to life and blaze up a few feet in the air. At this point the boys were scared shitless, what the fuck were they doing? Minato, as scared as he was, seemed to be driven by a force that gave him more nerve than his other seven friends. Walking to the center of the large circle that held the wicker basket he used his sleek black and silver pocket knife to slice open his palm and bled over top of the boy's hair and the lotus.

With one final hand sign the ground began to quake and the floor of the abandoned factory they were in began to crack and split. The blood from Minato's palm had begun to spread and be absorbed into the lotus, but it was not simply painting the flower crimson, it was turning the beautiful white flower into a deep demonic crimson. A deep bellowing roar pierced through the air and shook the building causing the remaining windows of the factory to shatter. The flames of the candles shot up several feet in the air, you would have thought each candle was its own personal gasoline-soaked bonfire. Around the crimson lotus something started to form, the longer the roar proceeded, the clearer the barrier that was forming around the lotus became.

As the roaring stopped Minato dropped to his knees clutching at his ears. The deep crimson lotus now encased in a crystal that had a red hue to it and on each of the lotus petals there was written a new symbol that was written nowhere on the ritual page.

The beautiful, crystalized flower began to hum and through Minato a deep demonic voice bellowed out "who had the audacity to summon me, the mighty Kyuubi, then bind me? I want to know who I will take the pleasure in ripping apart when I'm freed and mark my words the day will come when you become so desperate and pathetic that you will free me, and of your own free will."

Seven out of the eight boys were now trembling in fear, their skin had all run cold and clammy, their skin so pale it was as white as snow.

Minato stood up, now recovered from the piercing rumble that flowed through his ears only moments ago. Looking to the crystal where the voice seems to be resonating from, he says

"My name is Minato Namikaze and I think I am the one who summoned and bound you here. How is this real?" he managed to somehow get the words out without falter.

After what feels like hours a voice speaks out saying "you stupid boy, do you go around performing rituals without knowing what you are doing and expect no repercussions? Do you really think you can summon the most powerful of the demons and expect to just have a laugh?"

Immediately Minato says "I didn't know this was real I swear! I thought some kids were just trying to be funny and pull some prank, I never would have thought demons were real! What purpose do we have in summoning and binding you? From how you speak this is not something very pleasant."

Waiting for a response, the demon finally speaks again "demons are huge amounts of energy that are powerful enough to make all your dreams and wishes come true while being bound. However, the more powerful the demon the easier it is to break the binding barrier. Every time you choose to enslave a bound demon to do your bidding the barrier will begin to crack until it eventually shatters allowing us to escape and possess one of you. It is very rare for any mortal to be able to withstand and survive a demon's possession, to survive my possession is impossible, only a true monster could. When I become free, I will shred my vessel to shreds and if it should happen to not be you, I will make you suffer in a way far worse than death, that I can promise you Minato Namikaze. Should you use my powers be warned I am no lap dog, you will suffer a fate worse than death."

With that said the crystalized flower silences and the air clears allowing for the boys to finally breathe normally once again. The candles extinguish and everything goes back to being calm and quiet except for the collective breaths of eight boys inhaling and exhaling trying to normalize their respiratory systems.

"What the hell just happened?" one of the boys says.

"I now possess a very powerful, very dangerous demon," Minato says.

"So, you mean to tell me this actually worked?" one of the other boys said.

Looking over to them he says, "what do you mean, didn't you hear it speaking for yourself?"

The boys shook their heads in unison looking at Minato like he just grew a spare head. Minato's eyes widened, and his beautifully tanned skin turned to a sickly pale shade of white, 'did that really happen, or have I gone mad' he thought to himself.

Opting to tell his friends about the demon Kyuubi, he tells them everything excluding the little bit about the horrendous possible death he could face. After hearing what Minato relayed to them, they were clearly skeptical and would have sent him on a one-way trip to the psych ward had they not been there to witness the possessed candles and the magically painted crystalized crimsoned coloured lotus. Something inside all the teen boys still had them curious and what better way to sate that hunger then trying out the crystal? One thing remained, how the hell was he meant to be able to know how to use the demon's power?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 2001

First chapter of my shitty story is complete, read at own risk that is all!