Chapter XXX Part II

Once inside, another set of hands shut the door, and Toez was only finally able to get out of the grasp around his mouth as his captor let him go.

"PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" he exclaimed, almost instinctively dropping to his knees and clasping his paws together, begging.

"Shhh!" the lightweight voice behind him begged, "He'll hear us!"

When Toez winced his eyes open, he saw not a gaggle of hooligans looking to drain his blood so they could sell it and fuel their catnip addiction, but rather a petrified pink-white cat holding the door shut. Their small stature was indicative of their status as a freshman, and their white and pink uniform let Toez know the cat wasn't a local.

He almost screamed, having had enough from one pink cat, and worried what this other might do- especially since they had a solid-looking fencepost cap in their free paw

He almost screamed, having had enough from one pink cat, and worried what this other might do- especially since they had a solid-looking fencepost cap in their free paw. The cat was staring on in horror, stressed out of their mind and leaning their diminutive stature against the handle, trying to keep it in place.

"Hey, can you stand?" the previously shushing voice quietly whispered from behind Toez, wrapping it's paws around his shoulder and helping hoist him up.

Once Toez turned around, he almost jumped again, realizing firstly that they were in some kind of clubroom- vacant except for it's unpainted brick walls, scrap wood tables, and a singular shelf way too high up to be of use to anyone. Of more immediate interest was the cat now before him- still shorter than Toez, but not as short as the pink one guarding the door. The german rex before the wolf was almost as scared as him, their yellow eyes narrowed as they eyed the dog up and down.

"Wha

"Wha..? The cat said, "A pink dog?"

Immediately underwhelmed by the rex's priorities, Toez stammered and wildly gestured to the cat by the door. "What do you mean?!? She's pink too, but you don't see me crying about it!"

"Guys, s-stop!" the more effeminate cat spoke, their unconfident, soft voice cutting through the argumentative tone like butter. "Please. This is too much!"

Toez turned around in the barely lit storage room, taking a step back from the two cats and sighing in frustration. "What are you two even doing? What's happening? Why was there blood outside?"

The wolf stared at the two cats as they looked at each other, then towards the far part of the room which the dim bulb didn't reach. Toez staggered, spotting a red dog craned over a dark brown one, shaking.

"Oh, shit," he muttered, pacing over to the duo as the volume of blood pooling out from the brown dog's leg became apparent. He felt his heart begin to race, staring on in silence.

The rex startled Toez by clapping him lightly on the back and standing next to him. "Pandora, by the way." Toez didn't have the time to give a response, and watched as the brown-haired cat went up to the two miserable dogs and crouched down.

"Hey, Olive?" Pandora quietly asked, confidence wavering. "We need to go, and bring her to the nervous- I mean, nurse's office. Are you okay?" He gulped nervously. "D- Can you show us the way there?"

The mutt whimpered, holding a patch of Luna's leg and shaking. The poodle kept to themselves, trying to steady their breathing as they began to flutter towards unconsciousness.

"I don't-t know," they muttered, eyes addled in fear, and more than a little nervous to be talking to someone new. "I don't think Luna can walk, and..."

Pandora watched the dog as they began to tear up, anxiety rising to the forefront as the tears slid down their cheeks and pattered onto the poodle's skirt.

"A-And... I-"

The brunette backed off, cringing at seeing the dog begin to break down from fear and stress. "Hey, don't worry," he said, trying to comfort them, "I'm sure e-everything will be fine."

After some more pathetic attempts at comforting the mutt, the cat holding the door squeaked out an inaudible suggestion. As Toez turned over to them, she muttered it out louder this time, a small nervous blush running her cheeks. "W-We could just have you take us there."

"... Me?" Toez asked. "I don't even know what's going on, or who you people are!"

Pandora looked over to Toez with a grimace, then got up. "You know that dalmatian, the one that did the massacre, right?"

"Oh Dog," Toez whispered, "That was him!?"

"Yeah..." the rex tittered, "I don't really know what to do, but we have to take care of eachother," he paused, gesturing towards the bloodied dog.

"I-" the pink cat murmured, "I'm Milk." they said as if they had rehearsed the words a half dozen times to themselves before finally raising her volume. "W-What's yours?"

Toez frowned, almost blushing at his name coming up again. But, maybe it wasn't the worst thing for them to know. After all, that Canna girl had been kind enough to not say anything. Oh, what the hell.

"It's Toez." He admitted, practically grunting the word out to obscure it.

"... You're a pink dog named Toez?" Milk softly asked.

"Okay, first, I'm not pink, second, you had better remember that name, because once I-I-" oh Dog, what could he say with that nasally voice of his to back up the courage he felt welling in his chest? "Once I beat up P-Patches, everyone'll know it!"

Milk was seemingly impressed by the claim, as her eyebrows raised, and stature straightened. "W-Woah..."

Pandora got up, melancholic expression weighing down his features. When he paced back to the duo, he sighed and shook his head. "They seem really scared, it's kinda freaking me out."

Dropping the semi-heroic pose he had adopted, the wolf scratched at his cheek and coughed before speaking up. "Well, Milk told me I could just lead you guys to the uh, nurse's office."

Pandora smiled. "Yeah, that'd work. We can bring something for her leg back here, then we can work on getting out of this place."

"You seem, like, way too calm about this whole thing."Toez interjected, just a bit unnerved by the brown-haired cat's demeanour.

Aside from an uncertain grunt and flash of sweat, the rex didn't give much of a response. He moved past Milk and wrapped his paw around the handle before looking over to the pink cat and saying, "Maybe you should go first..?"