25. Just like my mother

"I am not your daughter?"

"Sona, tu mummy ka kya ho?"

"Sona mummy ki dil hai," 

"Aur dil hamesha saath deta hai, till the end of life," Sona's mother placed her hand on her heart, as little Sona looked at her mother, confused, "and Sona ki mummy hamesha Sona ke saath rahegi." 

"But aap kaha jaa rahe ho Mummy?" Sona tugged at her mother's sari, pulling her sari drape, "I want to come too."

Sona saw her hastily smile at her, although she looked so miserable, she still smiled at her daughter. "You cannot come where I am going, baccha." She said, adoring her long hair, "And don't worry, one day mummy and Sona will be together again. Hmmm?" 

Sona nodded, she always nodded at her mother and she always obeyed her mother. 

"Tu mera Sona puttar hai," Her mother cried, kissing her forehead, "and don't worry, I'll send someone soon so you don't miss your mummy a lot, okay?"

"Okay,"

"And promise me Sona, that you will always do what this heart says to do, okay?"

"Okay,"

"Mera accha baccha..."

Sona walked towards the crowd, she was so astounded by the words her mother said that she did not even care who all were standing there. She felt her heart break, she literally felt her whole world collapse, like the entire world of hers was collapsing and all she saw was her mother, standing upright and disowning her. 

"Main aapki beti nahi hu?" She said, teary voice and she felt something choking her as she held her hand for support, Rohit held her. He was as surprised and hurt as she was and she met his eyes, he nodded, assuring her that he was there with her and she looked at his mother. "Mumma? I'm not your daughter?"

"Sona, mera kekhne ka matlab ye nahi tha..."

"Toh kya tha?" Sona said, as Rohit stood besides her, she was now finding the rage and the pain coming back to her, "kya tha? Aapne sab ke samne ye keh diya ki main, Sonakshi Rastogi aapki beti nahi hu, and na main Pulkit aur Pari ki behen hu, right?" She said aloud, calling on attention to the rest of the family members who had also gathered around. Pulkit walked towards Pari and hugged the crying girl, confused as the other lot. 

"Dii kya ho gaya hai?" Pulkit asked softly.

"Dii nahi hu main teri," Sona said, her tears now blurring her vision as she wiped it from the back of my hand, pointing her finger to her siblings. "I am not your sister,"

"Dii," Pari shook her head, crying as she held Sona's hand, "please aisa mat bolo, you are our sister, you are my sister..."

"Apparently I am not," Sona jerked her off Pari's touch and stepped away from them, "because my mumma does not consider me as her daughter," she shook her head, crying as she sobbed, "maybe she never considered me as her daughter. Maybe, all these years, it has just been me, living a lie." Sona held her head, she really wanted to pull her hair in frustration. "Thanks Mumma,"