26. For a long time

26. For a long time

Sona woke up with a blurry vision and without a single sigh, she tried sitting back and her gaze landed on this familiar figure who was seated in front of her, her hand in his and he was asleep on his back. She looked at Rohit who was sleeping with her hand tightly held under his grip and and looked around, the room was lit with small lamp bulbs and freshened with her favourite vanilla candle scent. She tried getting her hand out of his hold without waking him up but when she sat back, Rohit woke up instantly and ushered towards her, holding her and helping her sit back.

"Hey Sona," Rohit cooed, helping her sit and he sat besides her on the bed, and Sona took a deep breath, "all okay baby?"

Sona nodded, she held his hand as he adjusted the covers on her and traced his fingers through her hair, "hum outhouse mein kyu hai Rohit?" She asked, looking around, "and what time is it?" She looked at the wall clock and confirmed the time by looking outside the window, it was still pitch dark and she could hear the silence. "Rohit, Piggy?"

"Shhh," He shushed her, cupping her face as he checked her pulse, "it is still early morning Sona, it's 4 am and Piggy is still asleep, and ghar par bhi sab so gaye hai, hmm, you relax." He smiled at her, timing the pulse, "and are you feeling cold now?"

She shook her head, "Rohit, mumma," She asked, the slap stinging a bit on her cheek as she touched it, "mumma se milna hai," Rohit touched her reddish cheek, that slap was too loud and firm.

"Theek ho jayega," Rohit rubbed his thumb over it, "and Pari texted few hours back that she slept and it's better if we deal with it tomorrow, okay?" He said, caressing her cheek, "dard ho raha hai?"

Sona held his hand, shaking her head, "last meri Mumma ne mujhpe tab hath uthaya tha," Sona said, teary eyed, "jab maine unhe bina puche ek obscene magazine ke liye haa kaha tha." Rohit raised his eyebrows at that, "Yea, aise bhi dinn the life mein." She shook her head, and lowered her gaze. "She was so mad at me and made me cancel the contract and said we'd beg to live but that she'd not let me do anything like this. Tab main kaam ke liye bahut desperate thi and Mr. Rastogi had just died, no ghar ka income nil tha..."

Rohit held her hand, he could not believe that Sona and the Rastogis had such a tough life because he had met Sona when she was at her peak and she was happy go lucky ball of sunshine, he never even thought that someone like her would hide such grave things in her heart.

"You don't have to speak about it," Rohit shook his head, tucking her under the covers, and wiped her face with his palm. "Just drink some water and go to sleep, phir aapke chamche ka birthday bhi celebrate karna hai ki nahi?" He pouted, blowing her a kiss and was about to leave when she held his hand.

"Rohit, are you not mad?"

"Mad?" Rohit shrugged, "for what?"

Sona gulped, as she held his hand in both her hands, "maine tumhe kabhi bataya nahi ki Mumma..."