2. Pati-Vrata Patni

2. Pati-Vrata Patni

Rohit and Sona were sleeping soundly, the latter was snoring softly and since it was a leave, their alarms did not wake them up. Their bed being double king size gave them generous amount of space to be at their own comfort and relax without feeling anything but sleepy. Sona had slept the moment her back hit the soft mattress and till the time Rohit had hit the shower and came back he saw Sona already snoring with Ronak curled up with her.

Since Sona still lived in the 4Bhk apartment with her family back in Goregaon, Ronak and she shared one room, unlike here in the Sippy Villa, Ronak had his own room. And every time Ronak would come back to the Sippys from Sona's house, he'd never sleep the first night because he would miss his mother and then Rohit would have to always call Sona to put her son to sleep. But this only happened on the first day after his weekend, after that he'd adjust pretty well. But seeing Ronak all cozy and snoring with his mother made Rohit smile.

"Piggy, stop crying, you have to sleep."

"I want my mumma, I don't want sleep."

"Piggy, we spoke about this, mumma and dadda are not staying together anymore and you have to learn to sleep without her now. When you go to her house on the weekends, you will have her, not here."

"I want mumma, please dad, I want mumma. I want mumma."

"RONAK. You better learn to sleep alone, your mother is not going to come here."

Rohit sighed, that was the very first time after their separation when Ronak had to sleep alone in his room. He was always used to Sona and her cuddles that he cried the entire night and Rohit was already angry at the turn of events in his marriage for which he screamed at Ronak for throwing a tantrum. Thankfully, Pooja took over and made Ronak sleep, explaining to him in kid terms and helping him understand what separation meant. 

Shaking his head, Rohit pulled the quilt over the duo and dimmed the lights. Seeing Ronak's relaxed face, Rohit cheered up, realizing how much his kid loves his mom and how happy he was to be in her arms. Rohit leaned to kiss Ronak's forehead and adjusted his hair, and then looked at Sonakshi who had protectively held their kid, sleeping with a small smile on her face. Her hair were falling over her face and he considered tucking her hair but refrained from doing so.

They were still separated, they were still going to seek divorce and he did not want anything to cloud his judgement. 

Rohit switched the light off and tucked besides the duo, and his tired eyes shut off sooner than he thought forgetting that the fluffiest cloud to disrupt his judgement was their little piggy, snoring in the the middle of the romance less couple. 

The night passed by in a snap of a second for the trio, Ronak was surprisingly the first to wake up because he wanted some time for himself with his parents and had specifically put an alarm to wake him up. His parents were so tired that they did not even hear the loud alarm, Sona just stirred in her sleep and Rohit was laying like a log. It took a minute for Ronak to wake up and he got off from his mother's hold and stretched his hands, shaking off any sleepiness. He kissed both his parents and put the quilt on them as he moved to Pooja's room which was at the other end and woke her up rather hastily. 

"Poo Boo, get up, get up!" 

After he made her freshen up and he took a shower too, changing  into a handsome set of tiny clothes which Pooja and Pari picked for him. Having not one but two fashionista as his aunts, Ronak was the best dressed kid of his age and he liked to be presentable, just as them. 

"All set," Pooja smiled, helping him with his shirt and buttoned them, "let me tuck your hair."

"No, let them be. Pari Massi says messy hair is the new style."