12. Goregaon wali Coffee

"Sona? Tu rehne de, chef kar lenge, you need rest too

"Sona? Tu rehne de, chef kar lenge, you need rest too."

Sonakshi shook her head, as she surrounded herself with the ingredients, determined to cook everything herself for her son. She had always been busy and never did she get to take care of her son as much as Rohit did, and now when she had the chance, she was not going to sit around. Ronak always craved for her Chinese noodles, so she made it for them, less oil and a lot of vegetables. She then made him the dessert he goes mad for, kheer, she told Veena that she would manage and Veena sighed, letting Sona be. 

The noodles were boiling, but the vessel for kheer was kept on the higher cabinet, she tsked as she pulled the stand and stood on it, reaching for the vessel. She was about to lose her balance but she caught the knob of the cabinet door and held herself, breathing heavily as she remembered a similar incident.

"You look cute in the apron, Dr. Sippy." Sona raised her brow, smiling at Rohit. "Very cute."

"Don't distract me Mrs. Sippy," Rohit said, ignoring Sona as he prepared the dish she demanded. It was one of those days for Sona, her time of the month, and every month Sona would get a dish of her choice but Rohit would make it himself. This month she wanted to eat some kheer, and here he was, ready to cook for his ailing wife as she sat and watched him. "Oh, the kheer vessel is up, can you call the helpers to get it for me?" He said and Sona nodded, but instead of calling, she climbed up the marble cabinet and Rohit dropped everything and rushed towards her.

"Sona? Nicche utaro, baby, you will fall, come down." He said, tugging at her top, but she shook her head. "come down!"

"Wait, I got it... just one sec..." Sona moved towards the vessel but her feet edged out of the cabinet and she lost her balance, while the vessel dropped down making a loud noise, Sona dropped in Rohit's arms. 

She shut her eyes, awaiting the fall but was thankful that Rohit had caught her. When she opened her eyes, she met his angry ones and she gulped. "Sorry?"

"Ho gaya?" He said, jaw clenched, upset at how careless she was. "Nahi, if you wanna do more creative stuff like this then tell me, I'll get you admitted in the circus."

She was still in his arms, "Sorry na, Khadoos, please naraz mat hona. Please." 

Rohit shook his head, "Sona, you do not realise that I cannot live if anything happens to you. And pretty sure you won't be able to survive without me, like this." He smiled, pecking her nose again and Sona smiled, as they shut their eyes to kiss but parted quickly when Pooja dropped in. 

"Oops, I interrupted a romantic moment," Pooja bit her tongue, teasing them as Rohit made Sona sit back on the marble counter. "I thought something happened with the vessel noise, issliye I came in to check but..."

"Check kiya, abh jaa." Rohit said, as Sona looked down, crimson hue on her cheeks. 

"Pooji, what happened? Why the noise?" Veena's voice came from the dining area.