21. Promises

21. Promises

"Cramps kyu ho rahe hai?" Rohit was flipping out, a hundred thousand scenarios were running in his head, "Cramps..."

Sona who was sitting on the sofa, her hand on her lower abdomen, tears were filled in her eyes as she held her pain. If she kept telling Rohit how she was pained by the cramps then Rohit would go crazy and possibly be more in pain than she was. This was scaring her too, but Rohit's reactions on her cramps were more scarier than this.

"Rohit, pregnancy ke early stages mein hota hai baby," Veena said holding Rohit's hand and making him stop walking. "We have called the gynac, she must be on her way, relax."

Meanwhile Pooja was sitting next to the ailing Sona, who was just told to take deep breaths but looking at her husband, she was more anxious than anything.

"Mumma, you don't understand, cramps could also mean..."

Miscarriage

Sona knew that, she had read it in a lot of books, and Rohit also knew that and they all were silent, especially Veena who did not know how to react on that. Sona only kept looking at Rohit, with her teary eyes, the cramps she could bear, but not the pain in Rohit's eyes. She crossed her finger and prayed that the baby was fine, not for her, but for her elder baby.

Rohit loved the baby before it was even conceived, and Sona knew how much this baby meant for him.

She could live without it, as a mother, she could help herself out of the mess, but as a father, Rohit would not be able to live without his baby. She knew that, she knew how his entire life revolved around their unborn baby.

"Where is the doctor!" Rohit was furious as he kept dialing the doctor's number as Sona sighed, keeping her hand on her lower stomach, "This is stupid, she should be here by now."

"Rohit, if you do not calm down and relax right now, I swear, I'll leave just like this to Goregaon."

That threat and her cold angry voice was enough for him to shut up and like an obedient husband, he told Pooja to shift and sat next to his wife, holding her hand. "Sorry,"

She only nodded, and kept her head on his shoulder as he kissed her hair, "Please shaant ho jao Rohit, you scare me more than our baby. And don't worry, kuch nahi hoga tumare baby ko, he is as stubborn as both of us."

Veena and Pooja smiled at the duo and Rohit calmed down, shutting his eyes, and held her until the gynac came and checked on her.

Rohit was sobbing uncontrollably, as he held Sona, wrapping his hands on her waist, and she kissed his wet hair. They were seated in the bathroom, all drenched, all wet but when Rohit was blankly narrating his tale, he felt the need to sit down and Sona sat next to him, not minding where they were. He told her nothing, just buried his head in her chest, sobbing as Sona sat on his lap, placing her head on his head, holding him until he was ready to speak. She kept caressing his bare back with her hands, drawing comforting circles and letting him be.