22. Enough is Enough

Sona could not sleep.

With Rohit in her lap, Ronak asleep besides her, and for the first time Rohit insisting for her to not leave her after all these years. He had held her hand, and held her like she was about to run away which was in a way true. Since Rohit had finally apologised, with proper explanations as to why he had acted the was he had and why he should be given another chance but although he felt at peace, Sona was restless. Every second since the time Rohit slept in her arms, Sona has been really anxious and restless and she wanted to run away, as far as she can, as long as she could.

But then, she was honestly tired of running away.

Because no matter where she ran, she would always find herself facing the ten year old Sonakshi who was just like her, heartbroken and on her knees, crying and trying to figure out what was happening.

Sona sighed, when she felt Rohit leave her hand, he had finally slept well and Sona escaped from his touch. She felt him hold her night suit and she smiled, kissing his forehead and freed the cloth from his fist, leaving her two favourite boys to sleep peacefully and rushed outside. The first thing she did was go to the kitchen and drink a glass of water, trying to not breathe so heavily and to relax.

"Please, aap inhe kuch mat karna... please..." Little Sonakshi stood in front of a helpless Suman Rastogi, "please, aap jo kahenge main karungi, please kuch mat karna..."

"School bandh karao isska, and if you don't bring the money as per the contracts, Sonakshi, toh you know, that no one is as bad as me," Sona met his devilish eyes, and not once did she stutter or shiver.

Sona gulped the entire glass of water in one go, feeling breathless and held her head. Why was this so difficult for her to let go? Rohit meant his apology, he cried when he said he was sorry for what he said and did and that he wanted her to stay. Then why was this so difficult?

It was a good thing that Sona was awake at an ungodly hour at this point of time, because no else was and hence Sona sat in the corner of the kitchen, hiding behind the darkness and shelves of the room and sat with her head on knees. She wrapped her knees and felt the tears spill from her eyes, crying as she sobbed and sobbed alone, holding herself.

What was she doing?

She loved Rohit, there was no doubt about it, he was her best friend after all and you could never stop loving your best friend no matter what happens and then Ronak, her son, their son, he was everything to her. Ronak was the only person who gave her immense happiness and she loved her son so much, but Rohit was right, she had been so much into her work that she had missed a lot of their son growing up. And even after being absent, Ronak loved her so much and this was all owing to Rohit who never bad mouthed her in front of him, maybe he was salty towards her work, but never did he manipulate Ronak against her and for that she would forever be thankful to Rohit.