8. Tired, Soulful Eyes

8. Tired, Soulful eyes

When Sona stepped in her room in the morning for a shower, she was surprised to see Rohit, Ajit and Pooja scattered around in their room, while Pooja was asleep on the bed, upside down, her face facing the boys, and Ajit had passed out on the bean bag while Rohit was asleep on the floor. Sona had spent the entire night with her family, their mother had held them lovingly and made her three children's night as peaceful as she could by their childhood stories and Sona slept sooner in her mother's arms.

She woke up early though, kissed her mother and pulled a quilt on her siblings, smiling at them and moving out slowly. The first thing she did was peak into Ronak's room, seeing him sleeping soundly with nobody she took her chance and sneaked a kiss. Hugging him and holding him for a plain five minutes felt like the best thing she did in days, her son held her, burying his face in her arms again and Sona felt teary eyed as she kissed his forehead.

Once she had tucked him well, with all pillows to safeguard him, she moved to Rohit's room, which was once hers too. She wanted to take a nice hot bath and prepare some coffee for herself to start a new day with no traces from the past, but the moment she entered their room, she saw the Sippy clan sleeping.

What were they up to?

She shrugged, as she gathered all the scattered papers, shut the pens with the lid and closed the curtains so the morning rays would not disturb them. She first moved towards Pooja, who was sleeping on her arm and gently removed it, and tucked her with the quilt. Taking the pillow from the sofa, she adjusted Ajit's head and helped him relax and also covered him with a blanket, wondering why they slept so abruptly.

The next in line was obviously Rohit, who was asleep on the cold floor, no pillow, no blanket, nothing. He was seated though, his back against the bed and head leaning against the bed stand. Sona decided to not let her anger spoil her mood and walked towards her husband, adjusting his head on a pillow and putting a quilt on him, softly and eyeing him breathe slowly.

When she was about to leave, she felt a tug at her kurti and found Rohit's hand clutching it, he had fisted it. Sona sighed, as she sat on her knees, carefully tugging at the cloth he held and gently trying to remove it, she detangled his grip and slowly got out of his hold. By the time she was done, she was too close to her sleeping husband, faces just across and Sona noticed how tired he was. Stress marks on his forehead, dark shade underneath his eyes, and his handsome face being yearned by the stress and overbearing work he did, and always will do.

"Rohit, you were in the hospital for a week straight, an entire week? You did not come home once?"

"Kaam kar raha tha, you are saying as if I was cheating you with someone."

"Rohit, relax, I never said that. All I am saying is, what kind of emergency made you stay seven whole days in the hospital?"

"Listen Sona, please. I am tired, I really need some sleep and then I have to go back to work."

"Back to work? Rohit, are you insane?"

Rohit thought Sona would yell at him, making his headache bitter but she walked towards him, cupped his face, "halat dekho tumhari, Rohit, you are overworking sweetie. Kyu kar rahe ho?" She said softly, touching his tired face, caressing his cheeks, "kya problem hai, tell me?"

He wanted to, he should have, but he did not. He really did not want to talk, just wanted to be constantly working and not wasting time in talking.

"Kuch nahi hai, Sona," He waived her hand away, as he gathered his clothes to take a bath. "And anyways, I have no energy to fight with you, so please."