13. Jaisa Baap, waisa Beta

Merry Christmas 🌲 May all your days be merrier and may The Almighty always keep you happy ❤️

13. Jaisa Baap, Waisa Beta

The two families were having the time of their lives that night, with soft music in the background, off tune singing by the oldies, a little dancing by the clan and lots of snacks and laughter. It seemed like the bad days were over for the two families, and they were just living in the moment and having fun. While they had just finished the round of antakshri, now they wanted to head onto something exciting rather than boring. Ronak was feeling better than before and Pooja never left his side even once, while Sona looked into his diet and Rohit kept monitoring his pulse, time and again.

"Ye boring si antakshri khatam hui, toh let's do something exciting, please." Ajit said, shaking his head.

"Yes, who even suggested this stupid singing game." Pari rolled her eyes, "This totally sounds like my mother."

"True, but this time it was Veenaji who suggested it." Suman shrugged, pointing her finger at Veena who gasped.

"It was not stupid," Veena said in her defense, "it was not stupid, right Piggy?"

"No daadi-cool, it was not stupid at all," Piggy beamed at his grand mother and she blew him a kiss but Piggy laughed, "it was too loud though."

Everyone laughed, and Veena pouted, "it was loud because you idiots cannot sing. All were croaking like frogs,"

At that very moment every one of them started croaking, except Suman and Rohit and Sona of course, and Ronak joined them all, croaking like frogs. Sona chuckled at the funny clan, and stood up to get her mobile from their room and Rohit escaped the crowd, letting their loud noise help him escape without being called out.

Sona picked her cell from the charging unit and clashed into Rohit when she turned, and while he looked cheerful, she was still bitter. She tried to move to the right and then left but Rohit kept blocking her way until she was fed up.

"Rohit, what is your problem?"

"We need to talk."

"We don't need to talk, I don't."

Before she could leave, Rohit held her wrist, "we need to talk, now."

"Rohit, stop this," She struggled to get her wrist out of his strong hold but he was not gonna let her go this easy.

"When you stop being so stubborn for once, I will let go!"

"I am being stubborn?" She asked, rather raised her voice. "Tumhari aadat ban gayi hai, holding me hostage when you want things to happen according to you."

Rohit held both her hands this time, placing them behind her back as he backed her to the wall. "Since you already proved me guilty, let me just carry the charade then." Sona gritted her teeth, unable to get her hands from his hold as he pulled her closer, "you know this hostage thing works every time for me," He said as she met his gaze, although trying to hold her, he was still smirking.