사십칠(Forty Seven) - S

~사십칠 (Forty Seven) - S~

The first thing I noticed upon waking up this morning was that we were not in the shared guest room of my grandmother's place, but rather a quaint-looking hotel room.

Yawning while rubbing my eyes, I slowly sat up just as I felt a pang of pain hitting against the back of my head, indicating that I had definitely gone past my alcohol limits last night while I groaned, holding onto it. Glancing towards the side table, there laid a bottle of distilled water, two pills along with a sealed tube of red ginseng as I gratefully consumed them all, looking around for my boyfriend just when I realised that he was actually nowhere to be seen.

Huh?

Carefully climbing out of bed while noting how Jimin had also kindly changed me out of yesterday's clothes into the hotel's pajamas set, I shuffled over to the bedroom door as I opened it, finding that it led towards a living area instead, making me realise that this was yet another suite. The appearance of a used cup by the coffee table showed that Jimin had definitely been around and was awake earlier than me, but where could he have gone? I sat down on the couch in perplexity, just as there were soft beeping noises coming from what seemed to be the main front door.

 The appearance of a used cup by the coffee table showed that Jimin had definitely been around and was awake earlier than me, but where could he have gone? I sat down on the couch in perplexity, just as there were soft beeping noises coming from w...

He seemed a little surprised upon seeing me awake by the couch, carrying a big brown paper bag in his hands as an awkward silence fills into the room before he finally reacts by closing the door behind him.

"Good morning."

"G-good morning."

If there's one thing that I've learned about Jimin in the span of our relationship, is that he had always rather honest with his emotions; he just wasn't the best at hiding them. And it was very obvious to me right now that he was upset with me, all for the right reasons.

Jimin seemingly avoids all forms of eye contact while carrying the bag over to the small kitchenette area, unloading its contents as I nervously stood up and made my way over. Hordes of thoughts circulated through my head as I attempted to figure on how I was going to apologise for breaking our promise of not over-drinking.

"I-is that breakfast?" I asked in the meantime, he nods.

"Croissants...from a cafe nearby. I heard is yummy, so I got for us to eat." He explains quietly, as I could only exhale out a breath of shame upon hearing the dullness of his voice, feeling even worse for going over the limit. He probably had to even deal with my drunken self, which would make sense as to why he had decided to bring us here instead of heading back to my grandmother's last night.

"Babe..." I began now, gently grasping onto his arm so that he would finally look at me. "I'm...I'm really sorry for last night. I know we agreed on 3 but I just got a little too excited and Taehyung was refilling the glass for me despite my protests. I didn't really want to say no to him since it's his birth-"