사십이(Forty Two) - J

~ 사십이 (Forty Two) - J ~

When we were younger, Jihyun used to often follow me around

He was like a lost duckling, while I was the mother duck that he chased after.

He'd follow me everywhere, wanting to do the same things as me and he'd often call me 'Byungie' instead of even saying 'Hyung', just because he couldn't properly pronounce words then.

I used to find it all extremely annoying, not only did he constantly tag along with me, but because he had followed me that I was often forced to look after him; which resulted in me not being able to play as much with the other kids in the neighbourhood.

I was once so bothered by it that I decided to ditch him the moment we were at the playground, I ran off without him noticing, and had a lot of fun playing with the other kids. I innocently thought back then, that I had won and that he'd never want to follow me around anymore. But when I got home that very same day, Jihyun was sitting with my mother, whose face was so black that I thought a thunderstorm was about to occur.

+++

"Park Jimin!" She yells, immediately using her slipper to hit my bum once while I cried out in pain.

"Omma, it hurts..."

"Good! That's exactly how your brother feels when you just abandoned him!" she continues as I felt the harsh impact against my bum once more, causing tears to well into my eyes just as I saw Jihyun hiding right behind her, watching me with wide eyes as I glared.

Who does he think he is?

"He keeps sticking to me like a Tteokbokki! I hate it! I hate him!" I yelled just as I felt my mother's slipper come into contact with my bum for the third time. I fell onto my knees now, crying as Omma just shakes her head looking at me.

"He sticks to you because you're his Hyung, Jimin! Because he respects you and idolises you! So you better start acting like a Hyung to him now before I make you regret it."

"Omma...." I bawled now as she just sighs, walking over as I feel her hand rubbing my sore bum comfortingly now.

"You're his one and only Hyung, Jimin ah. He only has you, just like how you only have him."

+++

I was eight back then, and he was six.

The Jimin and Jihyun then, were truly different from the Jimin and Jihyun now.

"Jimin?"