Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Going somewhere?" He mocked as he shoved Synn backwards. Synn looked up at him, closer this time. His sat and pepper hair had grown linger since the last time he seen him, with greasy roots on top of his head. His skin was blotchy, a redness at the tip of his nose that indicated his drunken state was a regular occurance. If that wasn't enough, his clothes that reeked of booze were hanging of his body.

"I'm leaving" Synn gritted, no longer able to hide his anger from him. He smirked at the reaction he got from Synn. Synn shook his head and went to walk past him again, but as he did so, a fist came flying towards his face, hitting him straight in the lip. Synn stumbled back slightly but regained his balance quickly.

"Cheeky little bastard" The man spat again, grabbing the bread knife off the counter and lunging for Synn, but Synn was quicky to grab his arm with the knife, twisting it so the weapon fell from his grasp then kick him in the knew so he lost his balance. Synn sent one last punch to his nose before he fell to the ground in a drunken state of unconsciousness. Synn stood over his body, breathing heavily. He spat out blood that had gathered in his mouth onto the floor beside his before stepping iver his body.

Quickly, he ran upstairs to Rileys room and grabbed his duffel bag off the floor. He placed it on his bed and threw pieces of clothing in there that he would need for an over night, then swung it iver his shoulder and left the house. Riley was out the front, waiting on the steps. When the door opened behind him, he panicked and scrambled back, until he realised it was Synn. Synn shoved the bag into Rileys chest, causing him to stumble back with the force.

"Take the bag and go to one of your friends house for the night" Synns said sternly. Riley looked up at him with concern.

"What happened, is dad okay?" He asked, clearly distressed. Synn nodded.

"Hes fine, he just unconscious but he's gonna be pissed when he wakes up so its better that you aren't there when he does" Synns explained flatly. Riley nodded and slowly swung the back iver his shoulder.

"What about you?" He asked. Synn looked at him for a moment.

"Its fine, I'll find somewhere"

~*~

Aurora was sleeping peacefully that night, with sweet dreams of her usual meet up from earlier in the night. She was a light sleeper, however. Levi had made sure they all were, just in case of the event of a likely emergency in the middle of the night. So, when she heard tapping on her balcony doors, her eyes shot open. She sat up, feeling the thin straps of her silk nightgown fall down her shoulders. She looked towards her balcony doors and seen a dark figure standing in front of them. She panicked for a moment, not knowing who it was, until she turned on the salt lamp beside her bed and noticed the hood that hided his features. Instantly, she felt relieved. She threw the covers off her body and lept outside the bed. She tried to run across the room quietly, though it didn't really work. She unlocked the balcony doors and opened them slightly so he could get in, then closes them behind him.

She turned around to face him, seeing him standing in the middle of her room, studying it. His dark hooded figure looked odd in her pristine room. Everything was either white or rose gold.

"What are you doing here? How did you know this was my room? You could have snuck in to bed with my brother for all you know" Aurora questioned him, very confused about the whole situation. Synn turned around to face her.

"You said before you had a big tree outside of your balcony. Its the only one that has it" He explained nonchalantly. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows.

"How'd ya get past the guards?" She wondered, knowing nothing ever mad either past them.