Chapter Thirty Four

It was quite a sunny day. I was packing up the car with Leo because we were going to Julliard that day to settle in a week before school started. My whole family were outside helping too.

"Is that the last of the boxes?" asked Leo.

"I'll go and check" I said. I walked inside the house. I actually knew that there were no more boxes. I just wanted to say goodbye to the house where I grew up. The house I was born in. Memories came rushing to me as I entered each room. Most of them were happy. I then went into the back garden and built up the courage to go up to the treehouse. I went up , removed the piece of wood hiding the box and made my way to the car with the box.

"Got it" I said as I put the box into the back seat of the car "Are we ready to go?"

"I think so" said Leo. I said goodbye to all of my family and climbed into the driver's seat of the car.

"Let's get going" said Leo and then I started driving. I was going to take a detour though. To the lake. I got out of the car , taking my box from the treehouse with me. Leo followed me. I stopped on the edge of the grass were the lake started and got ready to do something that was quite difficult for me.

"What are you going to do with that?" asked Leo.

"This box is full of those memories that I don't like to share with people. Why should I hoard them as reminders when I could be perfectly happy forgetting about it?" I explained.

"Are they not following you to Julliard?" asked Leo.

"They're not following me anywhere" I said happily and then I threw the box into the lake , watching it float away. We then got back into the car and started driving.

"This is going to be our new lives" said Leo "Are you ready?"

"Ready" I said and then I began driving to Julliard where I would start the next chapter of my life.