Chapter Eight

We all ran back to the house soaking wet. Except Leo and Charlie who ran back bone dry. I guess jumping into lakes isn't something they do often in the UK. When I lived there nobody did it. Everybody was supposed to be staying over at my house for a big sleepover that night. Here's who was in my house:
Me
My mom (And baby number four in her womb)
My dad
My mamaw
My grandpa
Sean
Mackenzie
Leo
Charlie
Caleb
Taylor
Josh
And little did I know , more people were waiting as I walked into the house.
I walked into the house and my mom came rushing down the stairs.

"Darlings! Y'all can't come in here , you're all soaking" she said.

"But mom , where are we supposed to go?" I asked shivering.

"Quickly walk through the kitchen into the back yard" she said and so we did. We all trailed through the house leaving muddy footprints behind us. We'd be cleaning those up later. It was getting quite dark because it was winter so we had nothing to do really. We all decided to sit down on the grass in random positions and play I love you because.

We sat in a sort of circle. Everybody was sat individually except me and Caleb. We were both laying down on the grass and I was resting my head on Calebs stomach. We were messing with eachother's hands taking in every detail.

"We'll all do the person to our left first. Charlie you start" said Taylor. The person to Charlie's right was Josh.

"Well I have only known you for an afternoon but I love you because you're actually quite halerious" answered Charlie.

"Aw thanks" said Josh. I was on Josh's left. "Sarah , I love you because you're really talented and I also love you because you're my best friend" Josh said. Aw.

"That's quite adorable , thank you" I answered. Caleb was to my left. "Caleb , I love you because ... #when I'm wrong you overlook my flaws#" I sang the last part because I remember hearing it when Mack was watching an episode of Austin And Ally.

"And there are a lot of those" joked Caleb. Those being flaws.

"Shutup!" I said giving a little joking hit on his arm.

"Leo , I love you because you seem to make another person I love happy" said Caleb. Leo was on his left.

"That's nice" said Leo bluntly. "Taylor , I love you because you like to break into random song"
Next was Taylor who would end the game.

"Finally. Charlie , I love you because you're going to go and buy lots of rated 18 horror movies so that we can scare ourselves witless tonight. Everybody else is underage" Taylor joked. We then all realised we were dry enough to go inside and so we did. We were still muddy though. It was amazing! That may sound gross to some of you guys but it truely was awesome.
Caleb , Josh and Taylor all went home to get some overnight things ready to stay over. I walked into the living room with Leo and Charlie and a feeling of excitment overcame me as I saw four familiar faces in my living room.

"Hi" they all said.

"Oh my gosh! What are you guys doing here?!" I asked excitedly.

"Well I remember when I drove you and Leo to that first practice and there was all of that rubbish with those girls" said Antonio "So I wanted to see how you're doing"

"I'm doing great. It's amazing to see you again Antonio" I said happily.

"How has life been treating you lovely?" asked Victoria.

"My life has been just fine. I've been having a blast , thank you" I said. Then Joey stood up off the couch and gave me a bear hug.

"Joey! It's especially good to see you! How old are you now?" I asked him.

"I'm 22 and it's good to see you too" Joey replied and then he finally let me go and he sat back down. I looked at Tilly for a couple of seconds smiling. She looked so grown up.

"Wow" I said "You have turned into a stunner haven't you"

"Who? Me?" Tilly asked standing up and giving me a hug.

"Yeah , you've grown up so much since I last saw you , I bet all of the boys trail after you" I joked.

"I could say the same about you , you haven't really changed except you're taller and more ..." she said trying to find the right word.

"Developed?" I helped her out awkwardly.

"Exactly" she said smiling.

"What are you guys doing here early?" asked Leo.

"We got a call off somebody called Kim Macentosh and she told us to come early." explained Victoria. Kim Macentosh is mamaw , my mom's mom. My dad's mom would be here but she's actually on a trip to LA with my grandpa. So I have grandma and grandpa James and then mamaw and grandpa Macentosh. Anyway that's not the point. I was so happy that all of the Devries and one Lee were here.

"So lovely , why are you all muddy?" asked Victoria.

"Have you ever been to Tennessee before?" I asked Victoria. She shook her head. "Well we all like to be muddy" I laughed. I guess I represent the stereotypical country girl but hey , that's what I love. We all sat and talked for a while before I excused myself to get changed.