Chapter Nine

After I had showered I dried myself , including my hair. I kept it down and I got changed into my make a wish vest top and matching shorts with my light ugg boots. (Pic above). I then skipped down the stairs and saw everybody else sitting in the living room also in their pyjamas. My mamaw was setting up a film. I sat on the couch next to Caleb and Tilly.

"I love your pyjamas" said Tilly.

"Thank you , I love your pajamas too" I said politely.
(A/n I know I've used two different spellings. I'm pointing out that most British people use the spelling PYJAMAS while most americans use PAJAMAS. I am British by the way I've just always secretly wanted to be from Tennessee. The secret is out haha , also Sarah is a made up character based on nobody but in the last book Keeley was based on my friend who is called Keeley ♡)

Then the movie started and everybody became silent. The movie was Mama Mia , who doesn't love Meryl Streep recreating Abba? Well , some people but I'm just making a point. During the film I rested on Caleb and Tilly rested on me. Sort of like human dominos. When the songs came on we all sang along. It was a very fun night. I kept getting distracted from the film though because I kept noticing that Leo was looking at me. Sometimes I would ignore it and sometimes I would look back and give him a friendly smile even though it was sort of creeping me out a bit. I picked up my phone and sent a text to Leo. It said hey all eyes on the film :)
I saw him pick up his phone and smile at the screen. Then he began to type back.
But what I see now is way more interesting than this
I smiled. I could tell that Charlie knew we were texting eachother because he kept on glancing from me to Leo and back. I typed back.
Seriously?? Nothing is more interesting than this , Julie Walter's character is too funny :p
Leo replied instantly.

I know - when she falls into the sink doe , I did that once but it was a freezer in the local Sainsburys ;)

I accidently started laughing and everybody turned to look at me as I covered my mouth but laughs still escaped.

"Something funny on your phone angel?" asked Caleb. Angel? That's something you dont hear everyday.

"Don't worry about it" I said inbetween laughs. Leo started laughing at me then.

"Is there some sort of joke we should know about?" asked Charlie.

"It's nothing" I said "I'm going to excuse myself , I'll be back shortly" I stood up and walked out of the room into the kitchen. I leaned up against the kitchen counter , glancing at my phone and letting out a small laugh. Then Leo walked into the room with a strange , unexplainable look on his face.

"How dare you laugh at my misfortune" he said trying to sound angry but failing. That explained his facial expression.

"Leo , your rapping is spot on but your acting isn't very good" I said.

"Well it was worth a try" he said leaning against the counter next to me. Then my phone beeped and I saw that Leo had sent me a video. A video of him falling into the freezer and failing to get out no matter how hard he tried. I laughed quite loudly.

"So" he said awkwardly.

"So , what?" I asked.

"How long have you known Caleb for?" he asked.

"Since 9th grade" I answered.

"What?" he asked me.

"Year 9" I answered.

"And how long have y'all been together?" he asked trying to do a southern accent on the y'all.

"First of all , don't say y'all" I laughed "And actually only Thursday so not that long"

"So there's still chance for me then" he said looking at the floor. I sighed.

"What are you talking about Leo? We went out when we were 14 , it's been a while" I explained.

"Hear me out" he said "I know you really like Caleb and it may sound like I'm a desperate weirdo saying this but I haven't loved anybody like I've loved you ever. When I saw you at your party all of these memories came flooding back. Memories that I enjoy remembering. You are the only girl I've wanted to be mine so I'm not going to sit back and pretend that I don't still love you because I love you Sarah James. And nothing is ever going to change that"

I felt a tear slip down my cheek. Not a sad tear though. It was a tear of joy. I never thought in my life that I could make somebody feel like that. I felt like my heart was exploading but I felt happy. I felt Leo touch my face and wipe away my tears. I sniffled.

"I never meant to make you cry but I had to tell you" Leo said.

"Dont worry , it's happy tears" I replied "I'm just really confused."

"It's ok to be confused. I'll go back into the living room" Leo said.

"Ok , I think I'm going to go to bed. Could you tell the others I said goodnight?" I asked.

"Anything for you" he said. He kissed me softly on the cheek and then walked out of the room.