Chapter Nineteen

I got a nice , long , bubbly bath , using all of the new things that my dad had bought me from the market like new shampoo , conditioner , body scrub , body lotion and hand cream. I threw on my robe and then went into my room and started looking for the outfit that I had bought. I found it in the back of my closet. I took it out and hung it on the back of my door. I still had a lot of time because it was only 19:00. I painted all of my nails (including my toes) in a white nail polish except my ring fingers which were black and all of my toes were white. I then had my mom create a pattern on some of the nails because when she was younger she did a beauty course in collage. They turned out amazing. My mom helped me with my hair too because my nails were still wet and she was already ready. She curled it for me and then added a coat of hairspray to hold it in place. I gave her a quick hug before she left the room. Then I sat down and looked in the mirror for a minute or two before deciding what look to go for. I decided to go for a natural look. I did my makeup quite slowly so that I wouldn't mess it up by rushing. When I was satisfied I put on my dress which had a black skirt , white/creme top and my black heels (pic on the side). Then I went downstairs. Leo , Charlie and Keeley had gone back to the hotel to get ready so it was only my mom , my dad , Mack , Noah , mamaw and grandpa. My mom and dad were ready for the party. My mamaw and grandad would be staying home and looking after Mack and Noah. It was only 20:30 so I went in the kitchen with Mack to ice some Christmas cookies. By the time I got there Mack thought that it would be good to just eat the icing so she had a really colourful face were the icing had missed her mouth.

"Mack , look at you" I said grabbing a cloth and wiping her face. Then I helped her until I heared the front door opening and then a couple of seconds later I felt arms snaking around my waist. I turned around and came face to face with Leo.

"You look beautiful" he said.

"Thank you , so do you" I said.

"Beautiful?" he asked.

"Well , the male equivilent of beautiful" I said.

"Aw , give me a kiss" he said. Well , that was very forward.

"Sorry , I can't right now , I've just done my lipstick so you don't want to be wearing any" I joked.

"Who says?" he asked jokingly. Then he began to lean in cheekily so I grabbed a cookie behind my back and put it infront of his mouth. When he kissed the cookie I started laughing.

"You will pay for that" he said. With that I broke free from his grip and ran to the other side of the table. I had gotten myself stuck with nowhere to run.

"That wasn't a smart move was it?" he asked laughing.

"No" I admited. Then I went to run out of the door but he caught my and had his hands around my waist so that I couldn't run anywhere.

"Leo , please let me go , I need to watch Mack" I said.

"You can see her from here" he said trying to tease me.

"Come on Leo. You wouldn't keep me in this position forever" I said trying to put on puppy dog eyes.

"Those eyes won't do a thing to me" he said trying to be strong so I made my eyes bigger.

"Stop it" he said laughing.

"Let me go Leondre?" I asked in a babyish voice.

"Give me a kiss first , that cookie was great but I want to kiss something even better" he said.

"So like a jar of nuttella?" I joked.

"Please" he said , now it was his turn for puppy dog eyes. Now I had to give in. He's just so darn cute. I gave him a quick kiss and then he let me go.

"Now that wasn't hard was it?" Leo asked. I helped Mack down from the chair she was standing on and we all walked into the living room where the christmas countdown was on the TV.

"Look , four hours until midnight , it's time for bed Mack so that Santa can come" said my mom "Shall we tuck you in?"

"I want Sarah and Leondre to" said Mack. She only knows few words so it sounded really cute.

"Ok , can you take Noah aswell honey?" said my mom. I took Noah out of my mom's arms and then went upstairs. I got Noah changed into her little mini mousw pajamas and I got Mack changed into her reigndeer pajamas (pic on the side of the next chapter). They looked adorable so I had Leo take a picture of me and Mack sat in a chair , me holding Noah. The picture was quite cute , my new screensaver. Then I tucked Mack up in her bed all cosy and I sat on the chair with Noah in my arms as I gave her a bottle.

"Do you want a story?" I asked. Mack nodded vigerously.

"Do you know twas the night before Christmas?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"Let's do that one" I said. (Skip to the next chapter if you know the poem).
"Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring , not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care , in hopes that Saint Nicholas would soon be there"

Then Leo said the next part.
"The children were nestled , all snug in their beds while visions of sugar plumbs danced in their heads. And mama in her kerchief and I in my cap had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap"

S - "When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter. I sprung from my bed to see what was the matter. Away to the window I flew like a flash. I tore open the shutters and threw up the sash"

L - "The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow. Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below. When what to my wandering eyes should appear. But a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reigndeer"

S - "With a little old driver so lively and quick. I knew in a moment it must be Saint Nick. More rapid than eagles his coursers they came. And he wistled and shouted and called them by name"

Then Leo broke away from the poem.

"How does this part start?" he asked.

"Now Dasher , now Dancer , now Prancer and Vixen" I started and then the poem carried on.

L - On Comet , on Cupid , on Donner and Blitzen! On the top of the portch to the top of the wall , now dash away , dash away , dash away all"

S - "As dry leaves before the wild hurricane fly. When they meet with an obstical , mount to the sky. So up to the housetop the coursers they flew. With the sleigh full of toys and Saint Nicholas too."

L - "And then in a twinkleing I heared on the roof , the prancing and pawing of each little hoof. As I drew in my head and was turning around. Down the chimeny Saint Nicholas came with a bound."

S - "He was dressed in all fur , from his head to his foot. His clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot. A bundle of toys he had flung on his back and he looked like a peddlar just opening his pack."

L - "His eyes how they twinkled his dimples how merry. His cheeks were like roses , his nose like a cherry. His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow. And the beard on his chin was as white as the snow"

S - "The stump of the pipe he held in his teeth , the smoke incircled his head like a wreath. He had a broad face and a little round belly that shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly"

L - "He was jolly and plump , a right old elf. I laughed when I saw him inspite of myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head , soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread."

S - "He spoke not a word and went streight to his work. He filled all the stockings and turned with a jerk. And laying his finger on the side of his nose , he gave a nod and up thd chimeny he rose."

L - "He sprang to his sleigh and to his team , gave a whistle and they all flew away like the down of a thistle. But I heared him exclaim as he drove out of sight merry Christmas to all and to all goodnight."