Chapter Seventeen

I climbed off Maisy and approached Leo nervously.

"Hey" I said quietly. He looked up at me and then put his pen down , stopping what he was doing.

"Sarah , why have you come here?" he asked.

"Because" I said sitting down next to him "I think we really need to talk"

Leo sighed , closed his notebook and turned to face me , sitting crossed legged on the stage.

"Go on" he gestured.

"Go on? I'm pretty sure you know what we need to talk about" I said.

"Yeah , I've said what I'm feeling. I dont know what else to say" said Leo. I felt completely helpless.

Leo's POV

"Yeah , I've said what I'm feeling , I dont know what else to say" I said. We sat in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Alright , if you want me to say something then , how's this? What exactly were you doing last night? Do you know how many people you scared the life out of? Your family were petrified! Especially your mum and your grandma" I said raising my voice a bit. She sat and played with her thumbs.

"My mom is just fine and if what you want is for somebody to be mad at me for disappearing then my mamaw hasn't spoken to me all morning. For your information I was actually at home" she said raising her voice too "What gives you the right to shout at me anyway? You don't even know me Leondre!"

It killed me a bit inside when she said my full name because I knew she was serious. Another thing that struck me was the fact that she said that I don't know her.

"Don't know you?! I'm the only one who knows that you talk to your horse! That you will never dye your hair! That you still have your very first pair of boots hidden in the bottom of your wardrobe where nobody can find them! That in every English essay you write , you quote at least one book! And I know that you hoard your memories but never let anybody else remember! If you think that I don't know you then you can think again" I said.

"How do you know all of that stuff about me?" Sarah asked quietly.

"Because , I love you" I said equally as quiet. Before we could say anything else we were both leaning in and it was perfect. When we finally pulled apart Sarah had the cutest smile on her face.

"I love you too Leo" she said.

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" I asked.

"Yes" she said. Then I took her hand and we both climbed onto Maisys back and went back to the house.

Sarahs POV
When we got back to the house everybody was in the living room walking around with and opening boxes , except my dad who was spraying fake snow all over the end of the branches on our tree. We walked into the living room and everyone started shouting greetings at us.

"Are we decorating the tree?" I asked. I know for some people it might seem a bit late to be decorating on Christmas eve but it's our family tradition. I was about to join in but I noticed that I was actually still wearing my dress so I ran upatairs , got changed and then started helping (pic on the side).