Chapter Thirty Three

All of the other homerooms went through the same sequence and then it was time for me to go and deliver my speech. I walked on stage quietly and stood behind a podium. I rested my paper on which the speech was written on top of the podium and cleared my throat. I said:

Hello everybody , I am Sarah James. I am really happy that I have been involved in the lives of all of my classmates. Without all of these guys I would not be the person that I am today and I think I speak for everybody when I say that everybody here has touched my life somehow. Were not just classmates. We're a family. We got told on our first day of high school "you have to be there for everybody in your homeroom and in your grade because you're like family" that's what we lived thinking for a couple of months but then as weeks go on you don't feel like you have to be nice and respect them. You just do because you've naturally made a bond that is unbreakable. I can't picture my life without most of these people and it's upsetting that I might have to. I don't want to. We've learned a lot over the years at this school and it's good that life is like a book because we never have to forget those people or those lessons. We can just look back. Thank you for having me here in this school , in this grade and in your lives.

I then walked offstage and everybody clapped.

"That was beautiful" said Leo.

"Thank you" I replied.

"Can we have all of the class of 2017 outside please?" said the principle. We all went outside and stood in lines based on our homerooms. The families had followed us outside.
The principle was stood infront of us speaking down a microphone.

"Everybody move the tassle on your cap from left to right" said the principle. We all did , in unison.
"I present to you , the graduating class of 2017!"
Then in unison we all took off our caps and threw them in the air. I ran to Leo and threw my arms around him. As I did , he picked me up and spun me around in circles.

"Any room in that hug for us?" asked Taylor as Leo put me down and she walked over with Josh.

"There's always room for you guys" I said happily. Then we all hugged and stayed there for as long as possible.

"I love you guys so much" I said , still in the hug.

"I love you all too" said Taylor.

"This is the best day of my life" said Josh.

"I know , nothing could top it" said Leo. We all then released from the hug. I didn't want this moment to end.