Chapter Twenty

"Merry Christmas to all and to all goodnight" finished Leo. Then I smiled because I saw that Mack had fallen asleep and when I looked down Noah was nearly asleep and had finished her bottle. I walked quietly and put Noah into her crib. I put a new , full bottle onto the window ledge next to the crib.

"Plant a kiss , watch it grow , into a beautiful memory" I whispered and then I gave Noah a kiss on the head. I then walked over to Mack's bed and did the same to her.

"Merry Christmas my little angel" I said and she let out a small snore. I then plugged in a small nightlight in the outlet next to her bed because she gets scared if she wakes in the middle of the night and it's pitch black.

"My turn" joked Leo whispering. I gave him a quick kiss and then we walked out of the room , leaving the door open a crack behind us. We joined everyone in the living room and then got our jackets ready to leave. We all said goodbye to mamaw and grandpa before we went out and got into our car. There was enough seats for us because we have a seven seated car. My mom and dad got in the front , me and Leo were in the next row of seats and Keeley and Charlie were in the back. We had the Christmas radio station on and we were getting really excited.

"Are you excited princess?" Leo asked.

"Hold on a second Leondre. She's my princess" my dad said making me blush.

"Dad" I said going shy.

"It's ok. Can she be our princess Mr James?" Leo asked.

"That might be possible" my dad laughed. Soon after we arrived at the venue and went to our table. I sat next to Leo and my mom.

"What will it be?" asked Mrs McCarthy. Mrs McCarthy is my music teacher at school but every year she has been a waitress at the Christmas party since her husband died because she doesn't want to be alone at Christmas.

"Hey Mrs McCarthy" I said happily.

"Hello dear" said Mrs McCarthy "How are you doing?"

"Alright , are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah , it's been a bit lonely but I'll be ok" she replied.

"Well remember that you're welcome to join us for Christmas dinner tomorrow" I said happily.

"Thank you dear , do you want to order?" she asked. Everybody ordered their food and then Mrs McCarthy walked away leaving us all to talk. It was great , all of the tables were full and music was blasting. We talked about stupid things for most of the night until our food came. We all eat quite quickly and then we all started dancing. It was so much fun. It was so embarissing when my dad started doing dad dancing. It was really cute because when the slow songs came on we would all dance.

We all sat at the table and eat our dinner. It was amazing. Quite soon after , our dessert came out. I was full so didn't order anything so I was sat awkwardly as everybody else was eating.

"Do you want some?" asked Leo who had strawberries and cream.

"No , I'm ok , thank you anyway" I replied politely.

"Come on , it tastes amazing and you know I won't stop asking until you have one" said Leo.

"You won't will you?" I asked.

"No , I will even feed one to you" said Leo picking up a strawberry and feeding it to me. This night was perfect.